[Choir] Master Class with New York Voices Presented by The Recording Academy NY Chapter

Joanne O'Rourke jorourke at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 7 04:13:25 EDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I'm a member of Grammy U (the cheap version of the Recording Academy for
poor college kids), and they hold really cool events from time to
time--Grammy night viewing parties, panel discussions, workshops, and
private sound checks/Q&A sessions with famous recording artists, just to
name a few.  On April 21, they'll be hosting a class with New York Voices,
the group that arranged the version of "I'll Be Seeing You" that Stutes will
likely perform in the upcoming choir concert.  I figured I'd forward along
the event information, just in case it sparks anyone's interest.

The event is free for Recording Academy/Grammy U members, and admission is
$25 for anyone else.  Not to sound like an advertisement, but if you want to
attend the event and you're a musical kind of person, I'd suggest just
joining Grammy U.  An 18-month membership happens to be $25, and trust me,
it's well worth it if you've any interest in the music industry... or if you
just want to party it up on Grammy night ;)  Plus, you don't actually have
to be a music major to join.

Hope to see some of you there,
Joey