[Choir] Choir on TUESDAY NIGHT; illness

Bethany Reeves Bethany.Reeves at stevens.edu
Sun Oct 10 15:26:10 EDT 2010

Dear All,

Please note that the Stevens Choir will meet this week on TUESDAY
NIGHT, as Stevens is on a Monday schedule.

Thank you for a terrific rehearsal Thursday night. "Witness" is really
on its way now.

The following applies to those who have been late in recent rehearsals,
and to those who have been ill (also: Section Leader info is at the
bottom; everyone please take note).

LATENESS: Please come on time. It is a drag on morale for those who get
to rehearsal promptly to watch others of you dribbling in late (IF you
are coming from a class that requires you to arrive late, this is not
directed at you). It's just unprofessional. Fix it. Thank you.

ILLNESS: Stevens is a petri dish. Viruses go around and around the
campus all year. Feeling a little under or not being able to sing on a
given night are NOT REASONS TO MISS CHOIR. Come, listen, take notes.
This is particularly vital if you are a once-per-week person. Some of
you are already significantly behind.

The couches are Sickie Land. Please use them.

IF you are running a fever, stay home and go to bed (and get to a
doctor). For the most part, otherwise you need to try to tough it out.
I tend to be generous about allowing people to leave at break if one
feels one's health heading straight downhill, but please respect the
requirements of being in a performance group.

A choir is not just about learning notes. We are building an ensemble,
and if you're not there, it's a problem beyond just catching up with
the nuts & bolts of the music.

FINALLY - IF YOU MUST MISS -

Please contact me AND YOUR SECTION LEADER:

Sopranos - Sarai Cardoza, scardoza at stevens.edu
Altos - Donna Barden, dbarden at stevens.edu
Tenors - Peter McCauley, pmccaule at stevens.edu
Baritones/Basses - Howie Allen, hallen at stevens.edu

Thank you.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Best,
BR

Bethany Reeves
Artist in Residence for Voice & Choir