[Choir] Re Drama Society - IMPORTANT

Bethany Reeves Bethany.Reeves at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 14 17:30:54 EDT 2010

Dear Choir,

This is for those of you involved in Drama Society, or intending to be.
If that's not you, go ahead and delete.

To the actors, designers & stage technicians in Choir -

First, nice work on the one-acts!

Second, re the fall DS show:

DS and the Choir have a lot of crossover personnel, and have evolved a
way to work together that everyone needs to remember and respect.
Please note the following:

If you are in Choir, you must INCLUDE IT ON YOUR CONFLICTS LIST for DS
rehearsal scheduling. DS does not take Choir members or Stutes out of
music rehearsals. That has to be a very firm policy. Ergo, at no time
should you come to me and say "I have to miss/leave Choir rehearsal
early for DS."

THE BIG EXCEPTION: DS production week. During your DS dress and
performance week, show cast and stage crew are entirely and completely
excused from both Choir and Stutes.

HOWEVER, do not volunteer to serve as house staff (ushering, etc).
Rehearsed roles on or backstage, necessary to the performance of the
show, are excused. Ushering, however, is not a reason to miss musical
rehearsals. Any house volunteerism you wish to offer must be on Friday
and/or Saturday of the show only.

Please do be pro-active in making sure that this policy continues to be
understood. As personnel changes, it's easy for new directors et al to
overlook it. And be SURE that Choir/Stutes goes on your conflicts list.
If you need to update any list you may have handed in at auditions,
please do so ASAP. There are few things more maddening to a theatre
director than putting together a rehearsal schedule only to have it
capsized because one didn't have complete info.

I'm sorry I didn't send this sooner; I didn't realize DS was already in
auditions. The policy still stands, however.

Best of luck to all auditioners!

BR

Bethany Reeves
Artist in Residence for Voice & Choir