[Choir] Fall Choir!

breeves at stevens.edu breeves at stevens.edu
Fri Aug 19 12:41:23 EDT 2011

Dear Choir,

And here comes fall semester!  I'm very much looking forward to seeing
and hearing you all. :-)

A few things:

1) Re the Inauguration of President Farvardin, Friday October 14 in the
afternoon: WE ARE SINGING. This is a very, very big deal. Please be
prepared to put your very best foot forward, including donning
your complete, well-pressed (ironed) Choir outfit. FYI, all classes will
be canceled so the full campus may attend this event.

2) We have an early concert date this year - Saturday November 19,
8:00. Concert theme: Legends and Tales. Thanks to Allison Henning of our
champion alto section for proposing the impetus for this idea, which will
indeed include a medley of favorite Disney tunes from fairy tales like
"Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast," along with varied other repertoire.
Should be fun!

3) MESSIAH Sing date: Sunday December 11, 7:30 pm at St. Matt's. The
early fall concert date will give us some extra time to tighten up those
wonderful choruses.

4) The registrar has the wrong times for Choir.  So if you're signing up
for credit (which you should ONLY do if your class schedule permits you to
attend both weekly rehearsals), please note that our meet time is
6:45-9:00, just as it's been for years now.

5) A large number of seniors graduated last year. So, put on your
recruiting hats and look around for friends who'd like to sing!

6) 10 of those seniors were in the voice studio. Their departure means
openings. If you're interested in voice lessons, write to me ASAP. Studio
lesson scheduling is already underway.

Enjoy the last days of summer! Choir starts the very first day of classes
- Monday August 29.

Cheers,

Bethany Reeves