[Choir] MESSIAH info, midis

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Fri Dec 9 19:33:17 EST 2011

Dear Choir!

Frequently Asked Questions about our MESSIAH Sing are answered below:

TIME AND DATE: this coming Sunday Dec. 11, call time 7:00 pm (ready to
sing at 7). Curtain is 7:30.

LOCATION: St. Matthew's Church, southwest corner of 8th Street and
Hudson in Hoboken (right across the street from Stevens' property).

DRESS: Nice/dressy but not formal; have some layers to add or take off
(heat can be variable at St. Matt's)

WHAT WE'RE SINGING:
1) The Tchaikovsky (Russian) as a prelude piece - first thing on the
concert. This will be performed at the front of the church; we will then
move to section seating in the pews.

2) All the MESSIAH choruses we've been working on; we'll get breaks in
between most of them for soloist performances. The ONE chorus that we
will sing alone is "He trusted in God." We'll move from our sections in
the church pews to the front of the church for this.

Midis for the choruses:

http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Handel_GF/Handel_Messiah.htm

Part files, as well as full piece files, are available.

MUSIC: do NOT bring your nice Stevens folders (BTW, those should be in
the Music Room. If you have one in your domicile, please return it!).
Bring either: your MESSIAH score and your Russian (cut down to fit in
the back of the MESSIAH score), OR, the plain black binder you should
have by now containing both MESSIAH and Russian xerox copies.

I DON'T HAVE MY MUSIC! WILL THE ROOM BE OPEN?
Yes, from about 5:00 to 6:40.

CAN I BRING WATER?
Yes, but in closed containers only, please. We must be respectful of
the church. Thank you.

There is a reception in the church fellowship hall (down the stairs)
afterwards. :-)

Looking forward!

Best,