[Choir] Rocky Horror Project

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:28:16 EDT 2011

Dear All,

This applies to you if you are involved as a participant in the "Rocky
Horror" shadowcast. If you aren't involved, you can delete (though I
encourage everyone to attend the event after Choir on Thursday - it's a
lot of fun).

Re "Rocky:" first, I apologize for blowing a bit of a gasket last
night. Every time people in the ensemble leave "just this once," for
whatever reason, it does in fact affect the rest of the group. Things
rehearsed need to be done over again, and so on, and so on. Given that
there are always very vital reasons people really MUST miss - ongoing
course conflicts, bad illness, genuine family emergencies,
non-negotiable job search opportunities etc., members leaving for other,
optional extracurricular activities is where I draw the line. We work
with DS to make dual participation possible, but the drama-related
projects not directly under DS per se need Choir members to be
especially up front re their prior commitments.

HOWEVER. David Geiss calmly and rationally explained the
particularities of this project to me after Choir last night (such as
its oddly early start time of 9 pm - unusual for a "Rocky" showing),
which I greatly appreciate. Given that circumstance, an 8:30 leave time
this Thursday is a good compromise.

At 8:30, if you are a participant in "Rocky," you may quietly leave the
Choir rehearsal. If you have a lot of make-up etc., I suggest you do
whatever you can in advance and just come to Choir that way. It
certainly wouldn't be the first time! And, it would be a good
advertisement to entice other singers to come to your event.

Best,