[Choir] Sunday call times; Monday 4/30

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 24 00:51:57 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Thank you for a fine rehearsal this evening. This is going to be a fine
concert.

Thursday: 6:00 for readers & soloists who didn't work tonight. Next
priority will be those who DID work this evening (so, come!).

SUNDAY CALLS:

11:00: ALL readers and most soloists (for Sull'aria, Stormy Weather &
Yentl). I may release several of you - will let you know if and who
after Thursday - but for now please plan to be there.

11:20: CHOIR. We will start at 11:30. 11:20 is ON TIME for an 11:30
start. "Start" means ready to step on the risers and sing, music in
hand. It does NOT mean just rushing in, fishing for your folder, etc. Be
there by 11:20 at the latest.

Please come in quietly and with a professional focus already in place.
We cannot make it through our Tech List without everyone on deck and
concentrating. Thank you!

12:45 (assuming Choir wraps on time): Stutes, to 1:15 at latest.

2:10: FULL CHOIR - ONSTAGE, DRESSED, AND READY FOR FINAL FOCUS/WARM-UP
(BTW - you will be wise if you avoid eating a heavy lunch! Do eat, but I
advise keeping it light)

2:30: House opens

2:55ish (depending on instructions from House Manager): outside in the
hall, we get ready to process from the back of the house

3:00: CURTAIN - DeBaun's recorded announcement plays, Jackson intones
"And now for something completely different," we get pitches and process
down the DeBaun aisles onto the stage.

Re MONDAY 4/30: Night off! I will ask Robert about room availability,
however, and assuming he gives me a thumb's-up, I plan to go forward
with an hour or so on "Witness" Thursday night 5/3. I believe classes
cease on Weds 5/2, so this is optional, but please come! This includes
seniors. If you are in Hoboken next fall for Homecoming and know the
piece, I'll invite you up to sing with us."Witness" is becoming a
Stevens Choir tradition second only to the "Alma Mater."

Looking forward to the rest of our week,