[Choir] DRESSES and TUX SLACKS - Hemming

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Nov 14 15:47:42 EST 2013

This is for those of you in Stevens Choir for the first time.

Women: apologies. There has been a terrible backorder situation with our
dress vendor, and the dresses were only finally shipped on Wednesday. We
are going to have quite a scramble getting things hemmed in time for the
concert.

PLEASE try to be free this Saturday (if the dresses arrive by then),
and/or next Monday & Tuesday between 3-6 so our seamstress, Cindy Boyle,
may do measurements.

Once you get your gown, try it on - you might not need a new hem.
When/if you need to come in, WEAR PERFORMANCE SHOES. Thank you.

There are dry-cleaning/tailoring shops in Hoboken which also do hems. If
you have a parent or friend who is handy with a sewing machine, or if
you are yourself, it would be a great help to take some of these off
Cindy's hands - she can only manage so many within our time frame.

Men: all the tuxes have been in for a while, but some of you have not
picked them up. PICK THEM UP. If you haven't paid for yours, you need to
do that - $60. Please look at the times above, re hems. Chances are good
everyone's new slacks are much too long. WEAR PERFORMANCE SHOES for
measurements, whether you get your hem done here or at a shop in town.

Dave's recommendation for a shop is S&S Master Cleaners, 903 Willow,
201-222-1450.

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT COME TO ME THE DAY OF THE CONCERT AND TELL ME
YOUR HEM IS TOO LONG. This is all towards ensuring that does not happen.

I will ask the Choir at large for other shop recommendations as well.

Best,

Artist in Residence for Choir and Voice