[Choir] Absences & Section Leader Alerts

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Sep 23 23:10:33 EDT 2013

Dear Choir,

For the first time tonight, I was able to send the men rather than the
women to Calder for sectionals. A nice change for the sopranos and
altos, but for an unfortunate reason - absenteeism in the men's
sections.

Your attendance is vital. We are a performing ensemble with
responsibilities to each other and to upcoming performances, one of
which is very close. When we perform we are representing Stevens, and
all hands need to be on deck and up to speed. When you sign up,
attendance at rehearsals is part of the deal. Significant work happened
tonight, and there isn't a lot of time to do it over again.

If something very, very problematic comes up, please write to both me
(my thanks to those of you that have done so) AND to your section
leaders:

Sopranos: Kathleen (Kathy) Nevola, knevola at stevens.edu
Altos: Elizabeth (Liz) Lamb, elamb at stevens.edu
Tenors: Trevor Batchelder: tbatchel at stevens.edu
Baritones/Basses: Brian Voyer: bvoyer at stevens.edu

Generally, "problematic" should apply to illnesses, genuine emergencies,
and situations having to do with employment prospects. I realize on
occasion other things are very hard to negotiate, but please let your
families and friends know of the commitments you have made, and remember
that Choir is a team. Teams must practice together.

Thank you.

Best,