[Choir] For alto section, re Lauliku -

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Apr 21 23:50:21 EDT 2014

Dear Altos!

It hit me post-choir tonight that there actually is an obvious solution
to the dilemma of When To Teach the Alto Twos Estonian for "Lauliku."

The solution is: DON'T.

Instead, change around what the A1s & A2s are doing (exception -
Allison, since you've been present for coachings, you stay on the
text!). I'll also want anyone on the words who stayed post-choir last
week to coach Estonian with Lexa.

The A1 part is very, very simple - can be picked up quite quickly. The
Estonian is in need of some focus, and we are very short on time since
we have so few A2s present on Thursday (I meant to work it tonight at
the end of choir, but other things really required attention).

So I'm just going to switch who's doing what.

I believe at present our A1s for this piece are Beth, Michelle, and Liz;
Allison makes four.

IMPORTANT: can you four arrive right on time for Choir on Thursday? I
would like to take you through that text before the rest of the Choir
arrives, but there is no point in that kind of scheduling if any of you
are late. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Were any other alto twos in for that coaching with Lexa last week? I
didn't take role, so please alert me if so.

Best,

Artist in Residence for Choir and Voice