[Choir] Recital Invitation, Sat 11/14, 7:30 at St. Matthew's

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:40:19 EDT 2015

Dear Choir,

I'm writing to invite you to a project I'm excited about - a recital I'm headlining for the newly revived Great Music at St. Matthew's concert series:

Saturday November 14, 7:30 pm at St. Matthew's Church on 8th & Hudson. A free concert.

Bethany Reeves, Soprano

James Redcay, Piano*

With guests Colin Gliech, baritone & violinist; and Rachel Watson, soprano**

**Rachel is a member of our soprano section; Colin is a '15 choir alumnus

*James was pianist and composer-in-residence for the Choir and Voice Studio several years ago, while pursuing a music degree at NYU

Here's a chance for you to do something probably very different, and hear some wonderful music you might not otherwise meet. Beyond that, I'd really appreciate your presence and support. I hope you can make it!

Repertoire:

Samuel Barber's "Hermit Songs"

Eric Whitacre: "Five Hebrew Love Songs", with Colin Gliech on violin

James Redcay: "I carry your heart with me," a song on a text by e.e. cummings

Hugo Wolf: Various songs from the Moerike and Goethe songbooks, featuring Colin Gliech and Rachel Watson; sung in German

Leonard Bernstein: "Glitter and Be Gay" from Candide

BTW, St. Matt's is the location for our Dec. 6 Carol Sing, which is happening under the auspices of Great Music at St. Matthew's.

Cheers,