[Choir] Poetry; Auditions for "Some Nights" & "In the Still of the Night"

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 7 23:33:42 EST 2016

Dear All,

First, thank you for a terrific rehearsal this evening. You sounded great.

Second, given the storm of "noooo!!" tonight upon my announcement that I was re-arranging "Some Nights" to avoid most of the solos, I hereby open both that and "In the Still..." to auditions.

SOME NIGHTS: 6:15 next 3/14, Monday, main area of Music Room

IN THE STILL...: 9:00 next Monday, same

Please let me know the following:

1) which piece(s) interest you

2) if you can make that time. If not, I'll schedule another.

What's important: a sense of style and a sound that works for the genre of each piece, and the bravery to go for it!

PLEASE ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READING POETRY FOR THE CONCERT.

This is primarily for Thursday people, as Monday folks spoke out this evening and I got names down (Monday folk - you might want to answer anyway just in case I missed you).

Poetry reading involves some coaching.

Please answer ASAP so I know if those audition times make sense - and please do this even if you mentioned your interest in Choir tonight.

Thank you.