[Choir] FREE TIX: Voices of Gotham Lock and Ring / Sirens of Gotham

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:14:05 EDT 2016

Dear Stevens Choir!

Please see below for an offer from a recent Stevens alum, Dylan Lupo, for free tickets to a Voices of Gotham/Sirens of Gotham event this weekend.

Contact him directly to secure tickets:

dpslupo at gmail.com<mailto:dpslupo at gmail.com>

Do NOT write back to me. Thanks.

Voices of Gotham is a large barbershop choir, and if you didn't know - barbershop (close harmony, a cappella) is a THING these days. Sirens is the women's group.

Here's a clip of Voices doing some more traditional repertoire -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-i3hRUMfk

And here's a particularly lovely arrangement of "How Could I Ever Know" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-30TwCGGdk4

These guys are world class. If what they're doing sparks interest, GO!

Sirens is a newer group, and has advanced every time I hear them. Stevens alums have been members of both groups.

Cheers,

________________________________

Hi Dave and Bethany!

My chorus is currently offering comp tickets to students and educators for our Lock and Ring event this Sunday!

Below is the link to the facebook event and more information.  Please let me know if you or anyone you know would like to attend.

Thanks!

Dylan

Lock and Ring<https://www.facebook.com/events/966725333382617/>

---

There is an exciting opportunity coming up this weekend for singers in and around New York City!

On March 19th and 20th we are presenting a symposium called Lock and Ring, which begins with a workshop on arranging on Saturday and culminates in a concert-talk at Symphony Space the next day. The Sunday TED Talk-like event will feature performances from Voices of Gotham<http://www.voicesofgotham.org/>, Sirens of Gotham<http://www.sirensofgotham.org/>, and a national champion quartet, Da Capo<http://www.dcsingers.com/>, all woven into a lecture by Dr. David Wright<http://www.harmonize.ws/DavidWright/index.html>, a barbershop historian, eminent arranger, and professor at Wash U in St. Louis. He'll be talking about the evolution of barbershop a Cappella music as a uniquely American art form and hobby.

If you are interested or know anyone who would be interested in this event please let me know and I can get you further information. Tickets are only $10 / $20 for advance sales, $15 / $25 on the day of the show. This would be a great primer for work on a final project in most music, music history, or american history courses. Please invite anyone who know who may be interested in these events - singers, arrangers, music educators, and music aficionados.

Here's a link to the facebook event<https://www.facebook.com/events/966725333382617/>, and you can find more information on the workshops and concert lecture here<http://www.voicesofgotham.org/lock-and-ring>.
[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=aYXJ0dXJ1c3JleHF1b25kYW1AZ21haWwuY29t&type=zerocontent&guid=3a51377d-5822-42b2-af94-6c9e60eaf158]?