[Choir] Welcome Back! AND -

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Jan 18 00:40:33 EST 2017

Dear Choir,

Welcome back to Stevens. I hope you've had a wonderful, restful break!

This spring we're shifting to very different genres from those of our (superb) fall concert: opera and musical theatre.

Music from Wicked, Book of Mormon, Spring Awakening, West Side Story, and Ragtime is included in our new repertoire, along with pieces from the operas Carmen, Vanessa, Nabucco, and Les Contes d'Hoffmann. The spring concert will also feature a couple smaller ensemble and solo numbers.

IMPORTANT: we will be starting rehearsals NOT this Thursday, but next Monday 1/23. The first week of spring semester is the annual Shakespeare plunge - I'm down at DeBaun launching this year's Shakespeare project, "Twelfth Night."

SO - see you next Monday! Looking forward!

Cheers,