[Choir] MESSIAH Midis

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 6 20:25:49 EDT 2017

Dear All -

Very useful midi files for the "MESSIAH" choruses can be found at:

http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Handel_GF/Handel_Messiah.htm

There are midi files for each part of each chorus - soprano, alto, tenor, bass. The selected parts are louder than the others, but as the others ARE there, you can hear how things fit together. You can also choose "tutti," which presents all the parts at equal volume.

You can also speed up and slow down the files.

The chorus numbers we'll be working on tomorrow (Thurs 9/7) are chiefly 28, in Part II (He Trusted in God) and 46, in Part III (Since by Man Came Death). If you can give your parts a couple of listens, you may find they're quicker to learn in rehearsal.

Other choruses we'll be singing include 4, 7, 12, 17, 22, 24, 25, 26, and 44.

Cheers,
BR

Bethany Reeves
Artist in Residence for Voice & Choir