[Choir] SDS Virtual Cabaret - upcoming!

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Jun 21 13:02:48 EDT 2020

 Dear Choir!

Our own Charlie Beall, now VP of the Stevens Dramatic Society, has asked that I send the invitation below out to you. I do so with cheers! I hope some of you will sign up. 🙂

In other news, as we continue to negotiate Life in the Corona Lane, I and the rest of the DeBaun team are working on ideas for continuing the arts safely come the fall. Plans are still up in the air, as Stevens must follow what's happening at the state level and the situation is still fluid. However, rest assured that we're on it!

I hope you are managing to have a relaxing, fun, and safe summer despite the, uh, interesting times we're living in.

Warmly,
Bethany Reeves
_________________________________

Subject: [SDS] Virtual Cabaret/Open Mic Night Information

Hello all! Hope you are having a good Juneteenth.

My name is Charlie Beall. I am a rising sophomore at Stevens and I am the Vice President of the Stevens Dramatic Society. The Executive Board and I are planning a Virtual Open Mic event to showcase the talents and resilience of the performing arts as COVID continues to upend the status quo. We originally planned to just have this be an SDS Cabaret-type event, but would love to extend the invitation to you as well to have a bigger and broader virtual event!

There will also be a fundraising aspect to this event. In light of the continued police brutality and a reopening of the wounds caused by systemic racism in the US, we want to continue fighting against these negative forces, and continue supporting the Black community. Therefore, this virtual open-mic night will be a fundraiser for the Broadway Advocacy Coalition, which aims to create more opportunities for Black and minority artists, and use those opportunities to promote social change. For more information on this organization, you can check out their website here<https://www.bwayadvocacycoalition.org/>.

If you are interested in performing, here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJxi52_WMWHYM6B7cgR6dYjo-KrreMgxPOfAuusPU_RiuLzw/viewform?usp=sf_link> is the form to sign up! We plan to have this event sometime in the middle to end of July. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Eboard at SDS at stevens.edu<mailto:SDS at stevens.edu>, or me personally at cbeall at stevens.edu<mailto:cbeall at stevens.edu>.

With bringing in more groups, the Eboard and I are increasingly excited for this virtual Cabaret/Open Mic Night, and we hope to have a great time with you all later next month!

All the best,

-Charlie

Charles Beall
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.S. Physics '23
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President