[Choir] STEVENS CHOIR and VOICE STUDIO - LIVE AND IN PERSON! / Doodle poll for auditions/placement

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sat Aug 28 14:29:49 EDT 2021

Dear Singers!

This semester brings us back to singing with each other for reals (huzzah!!), and is also bringing us a new adventure.

Since our rehearsal space doesn't permit full-choir distancing, I'm putting together STEVENS CHOIR ENSEMBLES. Anything from duets to 16-person chamber choir(s) are on the table. This opens up some interesting repertoire possibilities, and I'm looking at everything from Broadway to jazz to madrigals to Whitacre. Suggestions welcome.

Voice lessons will be tied in with ensemble participation of some kind. No fees. Please contact me if interested in starting private study (Spring '21 singers - you'll be getting info under separate cover).

  *   AUDITIONS AND ENSEMBLE PLACEMENT
     *   This coming first week of school, I need to hear and speak with you all individually, towards putting together our groups and choosing repertoire.
     *   Time slots (first come first serve) available at:
     *   https://doodle.com/poll/3n222w2nqmrbqqb2?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link
     *   M/T/Th are live in the Music Room; W is on Zoom.
     *   If you miss the first week or need a different time, contact me: breeves at stevens.edu. Same for anyone you might recruit.

PLEASE RECRUIT! Quite a few of our members of course graduated in '20 and '21. Time to rebuild. Please forward this to anyone who loves to sing, and if possible, send me names so I can contact folks proactively.

  *   REHEARSALS will be on the same schedule as in a normal semester -
     *   Mondays & Thursdays, 6:45-9pm (starting in Week 2, on Thursday 9/9)
     *   Flexibility available for those with academic course conflicts and limited other conflicts, as always (talk to me about these).
     *   Extra flexibility applies this semester. Given our unusual circumstances, some smaller ensembles may be able to rehearse in day hours, especially in conjunction with voice study.
     *   We'll be observing covid protocols, including purchasing specialty singers' masks for everyone.

  *   CONCERT? YES!
     *   Our date is Saturday evening Dec. 11 (tech in the afternoon). It's too soon to know whether we'll have a live audience plus a livestream or go with a purely streamed approach, but we're doing it.
     *   Depending on how things pan out, some smaller ensembles may take a bow on the Voice Recital as well - Friday evening November 19.

PLEASE DO THE DOODLE ASAP. Thanks so much!

Looking forward VERY much to hearing and seeing you all again, and to welcoming our new folks!

Cheers,
Bethany

Dr. Bethany Reeves; she/her
Stage Director/Acting Teacher, DeBaun Theatre Projects