[Choir] LAST CALL: Auditions for President's Ensemble

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 3 23:34:41 EDT 2022

Hi Everyone,
Because of the SDS show, I'm extending auditions to Monday and Tuesday this week. These will be the last auditions held for the group until mid-Fall 2022.
If you or someone you know is interested, PLEASE contact Tabi Castellanos (tcastel1 at stevens.edu<mailto:tcastel1 at stevens.edu>) to setup an audition appointment with me. Auditions will be 20 minutes at most, and they are held in the North Bldg (between Jonas and the Wellness Center) on the 3rd floor.
The President's Ensemble is a select group of undergraduate singers who perform at special events, such as Board of Trustee dinners, Commencement, Convocation, and Admissions receptions. The full group is usually from 14-18 voices, even though we hardly ever perform with the full group. For a sample, check out a small group performing at the Stevens Awards Gala in 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokZ3E0e_O4<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiokZ3E0e_O4&data=04%7C01%7Cdzimmerm%40stevens.edu%7Caf9ca3eab4004b1ed70508da10bb4750%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637840693832810287%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=uIePPtFA5l20afjhBlsj6QzTZuh9EhqsosXmos0HKTU%3D&reserved=0>
Students auditioning must be able to learn music easily (sight singing preferred but not mandatory) and blend well in a choral setting. Rehearsals are set with regards to the student's schedule, and all voice ranges are welcome to audition. Please, seniors should not audition unless they expect to be at Stevens for graduate school.
Auditionees are asked to bring in a song to sing (either acapella, or bring sheet music for accompaniment...and then they will be asked to sight read a song or two from the Pres Ens repertoire.
If you are interested in an audition time-slot, or have any questions, please email Tabitha at tcastel1 at stevens.edu<mailto:tcastel1 at stevens.edu> with preferred date/time.
Any questions - contact Dave at dzimmerm at stevens.edu<mailto:daimmerm at stevens.edu>