[cs631apue] Logging and Clarification on Instructions

tparisi tparisi at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 11 21:17:37 EST 2012

Hi,
I have a couple of questions on the final.

1. What is the difference between the directory that is passed to ./sws
and ~ in the HTTP message from the client? Is the ~ supposed to be
translated into the path that was given to ./sws?

2. Does the CGI directory have to be lower in the filesystem hierarchy
than the directory given to ./sws? For example, can the CGI directory be
/home/tparisi while the root directory for ./sws is /home/tparisi/sws.
I'm almost positive this isn't the case but I wanted to double check.

3. What debug is to be printed when the -d flag is specified? Is the
error messages when something goes wrong enough or is there something
else to print?

4. As far as logging goes, is there a system call that does this? I
found out there is an "openlog" system call however that does not allow
the user to specify the file to use.

Thanks,
Tom