[cs631apue] libmagic and Makefile

lbustama lbustama at stevens.edu
Wed Dec 11 21:01:21 EST 2013

Hi,

Is anyone else using magic.h to determine the file's mime type. It works
fine on linux-lab, and the NetBSD instance that we have access to, but
it's not installed on the Illumos image.

Professor,  Is there a way we could get libmagic/magic.h installed on
the Illumos image?

Also, I noticed that the versions of make installed on the different
servers have different syntax for conditional statement, and they don't
recognize the conditional statements used on the other versions.  I
ended up with 2 different makefiles: one for linux-labs and one for
FreeBSD and Illumos.  Are we expected to somehow come up with one
Makefile that works on all Three instances, or can we have different
ones?

Thanks,

Luis