[cs631apue] HTTP 1.1 request fallback?

Paul-Anthony Dudzinski pdudzins at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 24 13:50:20 EST 2013

If the request is valid and HTTP/1.1 you should respond 505. Otherwise you
should respond with 400 for a bad request or 408 if the request times out.
SO assuming index.html exists

GET /index.html HTTP/1.0 --> 200 OK
GET /index.html HTTP/1.1 --> 505 Version Not supported
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /index.html HTTP/1.1 --> 400 Bad Request

PA