[cs631apue] THANKS

bzhang41 bzhang41 at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 15 23:27:45 EDT 2016

Thank you very much Prof.
I’m very exciting when reading your explanation step by step.

Thanks
Bo

On Sep 15, 2016, at 10:27 PM, Jan Schaumann <jschauma at stevens.edu>
wrote:

kthompso <kthompso at stevens.edu> wrote:

This is the part where I'm going to use the word "interesting".  I can
only speculate that NFS reports blocks used in some way related to the
size of the directory directory, since block size only changes if we
create these files in the current directory.  I'm afraid I don't have a
full explanation, as my knowledge of how NFSv4 is implemented on Linux
is not sufficient.

Suffice it to say that support for sparse files heavily depends on the
underlying file system.

-Jan

P.S.: I'll answer the other questions in a separate email.