[Csa_gb] [CSA]Thank You All For Coming to Moon Night Event

Kaden Kong Sun xwu2 at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 26 02:01:33 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for showing up last night.  I hope you all had a great time!

Due to the noisy environment in Jacobus, I didn't have a chance to tell you
about the tradition and culture of Moon Night Festival.  Here I am going to
give you some brief information on the celebration of Chinese Moon Night
Festival.

Moon Night Festival is also called Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese.  It is
the second most important holiday besides Chinese Lunar New Year.  It falls
on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month of the Chinese calendar.  The
tradition dates back to over 3,000 years.  Usually, people will come back to
their homes and eat moon cakes with their families under the bright full
moon.  The perfect circle of the moon symbolizes the union of all family
members.  There is also a fairytale about a young and beautiful girl living
on the moon.  The detail is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival.  You can check it out if
you are interested.

Again, thank you for those who showed up last night.  If you have any
questions or suggestions on how to make the event better next time you can
email us at csa at stevens.edu or you can visit our website at
www.stevens.edu/csa to find out more information about CSA.  We also have a
CSA facebook website at
http://stevens.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2201883069.