[Habitat_for_Humanity] Last Night's GBM & Upcoming Build Info

Karen Betancourth kbetanco at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 15 13:14:49 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone who attended our first GBM last night. If you were not able to make it, we hope to see you next time!

In our meeting, we mentioned that we have an upcoming build on Saturday, October 2nd. We will be working with the Newark chapter and assist in building a family home in Livingston, NJ. No prior experience in construction or building is needed. This build will be 9AM-3PM, with an hour for lunch. If you are interested in attending, I will be sending out a form for you guys to sign up. This form will be sent out this upcoming Monday, September 20th at 9PM. It will be first come first serve.

If you do get a chance to attend, you are welcome to bring your own car to drive yourself and others to the location. Otherwise, we will be taking an Uber.

In terms of COVID safety, here are Newark's guidelines:

  *   Temperature checks at the start of work days.
  *   Mandatory face masks.
  *   Hand washing and hand sanitizer stations.
  *   Maximum of ten volunteers per work day.
  *   Social distancing—volunteers are assigned to work in different areas of the build.
  *   Assigned tools at the start of work days.
  *   No food will be allowed on work sites

Additionally, I will be adding the PowerPoint that we went over yesterday if you are interested in taking a look.

If you have any questions, please email kbetanco at stevens.edu

Have a lovely rest of your day!

Karen Betancourth