[KSA] Korean Thanksgiving (Chu'sok)

Mary M. Joson mjoson at stevens.edu
Wed Oct 1 08:29:29 EDT 2008

Hey everyone,

Tonight (10/1) at 8PM we will be hosting our 'Korean Thanksgiving'
(Chu'Sok) Event on PALMER LAWN. Make sure to come by, learn how to
write your name in Korean and enjoy some Korean food.

Some info about Chu'Sok:
Chu'sok ("fall evening") is a Korean "Harvest Moon" (Han-gawi) festival
set on the 15th day of the eighth lunar moon-- so it is on 24th of
September. Early on this morning, Koreans perform an ancestor worship
ritual with an offer of food made of new crops to thank their ancestors
for giving them good fortune.