[SDS] Assistant Director and Dance Captain Positions

Brian Dunican bdunican at stevens.edu
Sat Jan 17 13:01:18 EST 2009

To the SDS General Body and Recent Alumni,

Tom our director and Robert our choreographer have expressed a willingness
to bring two members of our society into the show as an Assistant Director
and a Dance Captain. For the interested party this could be a great learning
experience and a opportunity to participate in the production in a unique
way. If interested, please contact the alias as soon as possible.

Duties and Responsibilities in Brief:

Assistant Director-

Be present at all rehearsals, auditions, and production board meetings.

Provide aid to and learn from the director during the rehearsal and
production process.

Dance Captain-

Be present at all dance rehearsals and all required rehearsals.

Provide aid to and learn from the choreographer during the instruction and
execution of the show's choreographed numbers.

Anyone joining the show as an Assistant Director should expect to not
participate as an actor or actress. Similarly, Dance Captains are frequently
members of the ensemble and not cast in lead roles.

We Look Forward to hearing from you,

The E-Board