[SDS] Fwd: Dancing with the Staff

Kathy Imperial kimperia at stevens.edu
Tue Mar 23 15:42:18 EDT 2010

Hey Guys! So come see our advisor, Linda Volkommer compete to be the
champion of dancing with the staff!

Stevens TECHnique and FAST presents: *

Dancing with the Staff*
Thursday, March 25th @ 9pm in Bissinger (doors open at 8pm)
This competition consists of four couples (one faculty member and one
student) competing for the chance to be named the dancing champions. Other
awards will be presented such as crowd favorite, so make sure to bring all
your friends and support your favorite couple!

There will also be surprise guest judges. (Hint you've seen one of them on
ABDC and others all over campus)

Finally, please come and support our group because this is all for a good
cause! We will be donating all money raised to GILAS Gearing up Internet
Literacy and Access for Students)

Here's a little more information on it:

GILAS is a nationwide campaign to connect all of the Philippines public high
schools to the Internet, thereby promoting information literacy.

It aims to deliver:

* Internet access for schools with computer labs
o Servers or routers, LAN cards, cables
o Provision of connectivity and unlimited free Internet usage for the first
year
* 10 computers and Internet access for schools without computer equipment
* Basic training
o Training for teachers and administrators on networking and resource
mobilization
o Formulation of basic curriculum and year-long lesson plan
* Maintenance

We hope to see you there! And don't forget to bring your dancing shoes!

--
Katherina Imperial
Civil Engineering 2010