[SDS] SDS Fall Startup Information

Dennis Chapman dchapman at stevens.edu
Wed Aug 24 20:00:45 EDT 2011

Greetings, I hope you all had a good summer, and are ready for the start of
a new year. On behalf of myself and the executive board welcome to the start
of another year.  As President I am very excited to hit the ground running
and we have some exciting things for the start of the year.  Please read all
of the information in this e-mail as it is all important.  I have a few bits
of information regarding *Talk Radio* and the Stevens One Act Festival.

   - This fall SDS in collaboration with DeBaun, Theta Alpha Phi, and Off
   Center will be partaking in the *Stevens One Act Festival*. The theme for
   the festival is a series of melodramas. The One Act we've selected is *The
   Balloonist's Daughter*. I will be the director for the show. DeBaun will
   be producing *Curses, the Villain is Foiled! or Hearts and Flowers *directed
   by Robert Gonzales and Theta Alpha Phi will be doing Stevens' own *Good
   Ship Pride* directed by Frank Riccobono. Auditions for these will be take
   place *August 30th and 31st at 8PM in DeBaun Auditorium*.  This is a
   great opportunity to get some audition practice before *Talk Radio*.  If
   you have any questions regarding any of these One Acts you can e-mail
   sds at stevens.edu.

   - For our fall production of *Talk Radio* *auditions *will be *September
   6th and 7th at 9PM in E230* with *callbacks on September 8th*.  If you
   are interested in auditioning, sides will be provided the day of, so be
   ready to read on the spot.  We will be providing an* audition workshop* for
   those who would like help on* Monday September 5th* with time and
   location TBA.

   - We are excited to announced that our director* *for *Talk Radio *is Eric
   Dente.

   - In addition to auditioning for *Talk Radio* we are *now accepting
   production board applications*.  It is my pleasure to announce that Zak
   Moy will be acting as Production Manager for *Talk Radio*.  If you are
   interested in applying for a position on the production board, please fill
   out the attached application and e-mail it to sds at stevens.edu by *Friday,
   September 2nd*.

   - Finally, our first General Body Meeting will take place on* Thursday
   September 1st at 9PM in E222. *

If you have any questions regarding anything mentioned above, or want
additional information regarding *Talk Radio* or the One Acts feel free to
e-mail sds at stevens.edu with your inquiries.

Myself and the e-board would like to wish you all a successful and happy
beginning of the year, and enjoy the start of your classes.  See you soon.

Sincerely,
DJ Chapman

--
Dennis J. Chapman