[SDS] Stevens Dramatic Society Fall 2011 Show

ahl1204 at gmail.com ahl1204 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:46:56 EDT 2011

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
online:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVtSG1SMTl3Smg3NUJ2Y0poc1hEcVE6MQ

Stevens Dramatic Society Fall 2011 Show

Hey Everybody, First, I want to thank you all for your survey responses. We
ended up with a great list of suggestions that totaled over 30 shows!
Second, the Exec. Board narrowed down the list to two shows that we really
love. We want your input on the following shows (descriptions of each are
below)! We do want to remind the general body that their suggestions would
be considered carefully, but ultimately, it is our job to decide the show,
especially with everything we have planned for the semester. In case you
feel these shows aren'ta great fit, you can suggest another show. We
encourage you to do research on the shows and if you have any questions,
email us at sds at stevens.edu. Because we want everyone to have an equal say,
we ask that you fill in your Pipeline username. I shouldn't need to remind
you that fake usernames will not be considered. Please complete the survey
by next Wednesday (May 18th) for the consideration at our next Exec. Board
meeting. Thanks again for all of your suggestions and we can't wait for
this coming semester! On behalf of the entire Executive Board, Alex

The Stevens Dramatic Society show should be ... *

The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie
Talk Radio by Eric Bogosian
Other:

Pipeline Username *

The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie

The author comes forth with another hit about a group of strangers stranded
in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer. The
suspects include the newly married couple who run the house, and the
suspicions that are in their minds nearly wreck their perfect marriage.
Others are a spinster with a curious background, an architect who seems
better equipped to be a chef, a retired Army major, a strange little man
who claims his car has overturned in a drift, and a jurist who makes life
miserable for everyone. Into their midst comes a policeman, traveling on
skis. He no sooner arrives, than the jurist is killed. Two down, and one to
go. To get to the rationale of the murderer's pattern, the policeman probes
the background of everyone present, and rattles a lot of skeletons. Another
famous Agatha Christie switch finish! Chalk up another superb intrigue for
the foremost mystery writer of her time.

Talk Radio by Eric Bogosian

Barry Champlain, Cleveland's controversial radio host is on the air doing
what he does best: insulting the pathetic souls who call in the middle of
the night to sound off. Tomorrow, Barry's show is going into national
syndication and his producer is afraid that Barry will say something that
will offend the sponsors. This, of course, makes Barry even more
outrageous. Funny and moving, off beat, outrageous and totally entrancing,
Talk Radio had a long run at New York's Public Theatre starring the author.