[SDS] GBM Agenda

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Sun Mar 18 23:22:33 EDT 2012

Hello All,

First and foremost, here are some updates about several opportunities for
community involvement. The manager of Symposia Bookstore in Hoboken is
looking for actors who love to play with children and get paid in the
process to be part of a puppet show. A more detailed description of the
work involved is at the end of the email. Secondly, there is an opportunity
available to participate in outdoor theatrical performances over the
summer. If interested, send an email to sds at stevens.edu.

Due to the fact that there will be a service held for Mark Testa on
Wednesday 3/21 at 9:15pm we are tentatively pushing back the the GBM to
10pm on 3/21. An email will be sent out if the time changes. Following is
the agenda for the meeting:

DJ:
    - Ushering
    - Band Instruments
Liz:
    - Nothing
Steph:
    - Table Sitting 12-2 5-7
    - Budget workshop
Emily:
    - Ad day
     - T-shirts
     - Load-in
Colin & Will:
    - Cast party update
    - Acting/ Tech workshops check-in

Here are some important dates to remember
03/19  7:00pm    Ad day meeting
03/24  11:00am  Budget Workshop
03/24  12:00pm  Constitution and Bylaws committee meeting
03/25   all day     Load-in (breakfast provided)
03/29                  Due date for actor bios

Best,
Liz Lamb

*SYMPOSIA BOOKSTORE--PUPPETONIA DESCRIPTION*

Puppetonia is one of the most popular children's entertainment centers in
town. We put on about 17 shows every week at Symposia Bookstore, plus b-day
party shows in Hoboken, NYC, and surrounding towns.

We are looking for young, enthusiastic actors who love to play with and be
around children. We don't require a lot of acting experience or training.
We've often hired actors without training, but who have worked with young
children and have a good voice and an outgoing, expressive personality.

Our actors are paid $25 per show. The show itself lasts about 45 minutes,
but actors are also required to come in half an hour before the show, to
learn the story and set up, and will also have to stay for about 10 minutes
after the show to clean up. Most of the time, we put on two shows, one
immediately after the other.
For birthday parties, actors receive $50 per show or more, depending on how
far the party /is from Hoboken.

For now, I am only looking for actors to sub, in case one of my regular
staff cannot make it. However, if I really like somebody and an opening
comes along (which happens often), more work will be available.

Also, if the candidate is a student at Stevens, I would prefer that they be
in their first or second year. I would not want to invest in someone and
have them learn all the ropes only to lose them soon after because they've
graduated. I'd also prefer someone who could be around during the
summertime, but this is not an absolute requirement.

The schedule of the shows is as follows:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri at 10 am and 11 am
Mon, Wed, Thur at 1:30 pm
Wed at 4 pm
Week-end shows are at random times

Please send a resume and a recent picture to Carmen Rusu at
carpathian_air at yahoo.com.
You can find more information about us on our website: www.puppetonia.com

I have also included some general information about us below.

“Since it started, Puppetonia has taught children more than just ABC’s and
123′s. The music and puppet shows incorporate important social skills,
early academics, thinking skills, motor skills, and self-expression.
The music is fun and upbeat, and the children are encouraged to move to the
rhythm, follow verbal instructions, practice sequential movements, and have
a great time. And there are bubbles galore!
The puppets are friendly and cuddly, bringing to life old bedtime stories,
funny incidents children encounter in their daily lives, and exploring
nature and community.
The Puppetonia team includes actors, playwrights, musicians and early
childhood educators. Through the years, this talented team has created over
sixty unique stories.
The shows have been successfully performed in a variety of educational
settings such as schools, day cares, and libraries.”

Carmen Rusu, Puppetonia Owner

--
Elizabeth H. Lamb
Mechanical Engineer CO-OP '15