[SDS] New Opportunities

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:14:27 EST 2013

*Here are some opportunities outside Urinetown: The Musical*

Announced at the last GBM was an opportunity to see the Broadway
musical, *Disney's
> The Lion King!*
>
> Along with this show we be given a tour of backstage by a member of their
> pit band, Declan's Dad, and also a possible Q&A with the cast.
>
> The tickets will be subsidized so you will have to pay no more than $50
> and if you choose specific times it could be as low as $36. For the
> discounted ticket opportunity only 20 people will be able to participate,
> but more will be welcomed on the tour and to the Q&A session.
>
> If you are interested in attending we would love to know when you will be
> available so please follow the link to the DuckSync and answer the *Time/Date
> Poll <https://orgsync.com/45833/polls/17826>* so that we can best satisfy
> you.

Theta Alpha Phi (TAP), the theater honor society at Stevens, presents their
> *Annual Cabaret Night on March 2nd.*
>
> TAP is looking for singers to participate! Interested? Send an email to
> TAP at stevens.edu and include your name, phone number, and one or two songs
> that you're interested and comfortable performing.
>
> Each performer will also be coached by an experienced professional
> (including Bethany Reeves, Kristie Damell, and Robert Gonzales) who will
> help perfect their musical selection(s). Accompanist (me) will also be
> provided. The performance will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 7pm in
> the Bissinger Room at Stevens.
>
> Alumni and students welcome, and you do not have to be a TAP member to
> participate. Please email your interest and/or any questions by February 8,
> 2013 to tap at stevens.edu

You are invited to participate in The Princeton Review’s Undergraduate
> Survey <http://survey.review.com/ss/> by February 12th, 2013.
>
>  You will be entered for a chance to win one of ten Apple® iPad™ mobile
> digital devices by sharing your unique expertise – that is, your experience
> as a student at one of the best colleges in the nation![1]<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&shva=1#13ca7d463aa92843__ftn1>
>

>  Take <http://survey.review.com/ss/> <http://survey.review.com/ss/>our<http://survey.review.com/ss/>
> <http://survey.review.com/ss/>survey <http://survey.review.com/ss/> and
> tell us about what life at Stevens Institute of Technology is like!**
>
> * *Our narratives are composed entirely of student quotes and our
> rankings place major importance on student feedback.  Your input provides
> prospective undergraduates with a candid, accurate, and engaging picture of
> life at your college, helping them to decide if it’s the right fit.
>
>  *Please note:* The Princeton Review takes your privacy seriously. We
> will not share your personal information with any third party unless you
> give us permission to do so. You can read The Princeton Review's full
> privacy policy by clicking on our "Privacy Policy" link here<http://www.princetonreview.com/privacy.aspx>
> .

*Garden Street School of the Performing Arts is thrilled to announce that
> [...]
> Studio:*
>
> **
>
> We are accepting a small group of students who aspire to be musical
> theater performers. First, the group must learn songs and choreography that
> will be presented to Ben Vereen.  Students will rehearse with Wicked star,
> Anne Brummel (Elphaba) on Feb 16th at 2pm for 3 hours.  During the
> rehearsal students will learn a group number to present to Mr. Vereen as
> well as solo pieces, and choreography.  Audition Technique will also be
> covered as well as what it is like to work on Broadway.
>

> *The Audience!*
>
>  *If you do not want to participate in the Master Class but would like to
> be in the audience please contact us. We have a few seats for special
> guests who would like to observe the master class and meet Mr. Vereen. *
>

> *Master Class with Ben Vereen!*
>
> *Feb 19th at 4:30pm at Garden Street School of the Performing Arts Dance
> Studio:*
>
>  *Ben Vereen will share stories about his incredible career which spans
> over 35 years.  He will give discuss what it's like to work on amazing
> Broadway Shows, as well as what it takes to make it in the business.  He'll
> talk about what it was like to win a Tony, and will inspire all to follow
> their dreams.  He will be happy to meet everyone, and answer questions from
> attendees.  He will then teach a Master Musical Theater Class. Students
> will perform the group musical theater piece that they learned on Feb 16th
> with Anne Brummel and then 2 students will be selected to perform their
> solo piece for Mr. Vereen and he will work with the students to show them
> how to go from being a student to a Broadway pro!*
>

> *Registration:*
>
>  The fee to participate in the rehearsal workshop with Anne Brummel is
> $250 and it includes the master class with Ben Vereen. Students of Garden
> Street School of the Performing Arts, High Tech High School, Hoboken High
> School, and students with a valid college ID will have a reduced rate of
> $195.  Email info at gardenstreetmusic.com to complete the registration
> process.
>

> Space is limited. Please contact us via email if you'd like to register.
> If you'd like to observe the Master Class the fee is $50.  Students in the
> class must be at least 15 years old through adults. You must preregister,
> and the fee is non-refundable.
>

> This event is not open to the public and you must register if you would
> like to be part of this incredible event, whether you'd like to be an
> audience member or in the class.
>

> *We are honored that Ben Vereen chose Garden Street School of the
> Performing Arts as the leading Arts Facility in Hoboken, where we are able
> to take beginning students and give them the proper training necessary to
> become a star. *
>

> *All dreams are possible!*
>
> Annie McLoughlin
>
> Garden Street School of the Performing Arts

Also, *calendars*!  The first two are relevant to everyone in the Society
and should be linked with your own Google Calendar.  The third is more
relavent for the Actors and Pro-Board Members to attend rehearsals.
Finally, the fourth is a calendar I try to keep updated of the Performing
Arts on campus.  Please don't hold me to all those times and locations
though, its more for general planning.  I do use it myself though.

[SDS] Current Events<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=6v9ks8uu3306vv0rdp0d97f5ak%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
[SDS] Current Production<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=htbb9psu0gesgu33vfej8t71ho%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
[SDS] Rehearsals<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=6t1gva0kneofukg6cikegqil6k%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
[SDS] Campus Performing