[SDS] SDS Digest

DeVon C. Lineman dlineman at stevens.edu
Mon Jan 27 14:18:55 EST 2014

Hello everyone!

There are so many things going on:

Meeting Minutes

See attached for the minutes, presentation, and updated bylaws that were
voted on at the last general body meeting.  I would like to draw special
attention to the following:

1)  We still need an assistant production manager.  Email the E-board Alias
<mailto:sds at stevens.edu>  if you are interested in this position!
2)  If you are interested in being a part of a crew team for the next
production, email Liz Lamb <mailto:e.lamb92 at gmail.com> .
3)  Our Executive Board meetings are now open to the general body.  Our next
E-board meeting is on Tuesday night at 11pm in the Jacobus Large Conference
Room.  If you have something that you would like to discuss at this meeting,
make sure to email the E-board Alias <mailto:sds at stevens.edu>  in advance!

Auditions for "Forum"

This spring season, the  <https://www.facebook.com/sds1910> Stevens Dramatic
Society is very excited to be producing "A Funny thing Happened on the Way
to the Forum". That said, auditions are soon upon us! We ask that you come
prepared to sing 32 bars of a standard Broadway show tune. No pop or rock
please! An accompanist will be present if requested. Appointments are
recommended, but walk-ins are also welcome.

Let us know if you have circus talents! (juggling, acrobatics, sword
swallowing, magic, etc.!)

AVAILABLE DATES & TIMES:

Thursday, January 30th from 7PM to 11PM

Friday, January 31st from 5PM to 7:30PM

Callbacks will be 9AM to 12PM on February 1st

LOCATION:

Calder Room, 3rd Floor Howe on the Right

APPOINTMENT LINK:

<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.doodle.com%2Fstevensds&h
=AAQFjcxMD&enc=AZMOflZ35_D-BIXgw_GfSKGQnUv8yjl4lTjqHPAhF9pffyR6hPY0TpIVjitGj
i2puz8&s=1> https://www.doodle.com/stevensds

SDS Yearbook Photo

We will be taking our yearbook photo this Wednesday at 9:25 PM.  These
pictures will be taken in the 2nd floor lobby in the Howe Center.  Don't be
late!  The yearbook photos get taken very quickly and they stay pretty
strictly close to the time slots.  If you can wear any of our show shirts,
that'd be awesome!

Boken Auditions

A message from Brandon Griffin:
---
As some of you already know, Boken this year is centered around a murder
mystery based on the movie Clue (the one starring Tim Curry). The script has
been adapted to be a stage play.

If you are interested in trying out for a part, please fill out the Audition
Form on Duck Sync.  The form is listed on the Entertainment Committee forms
page.

Tryouts are on February 6th and 7th from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, or by
appointment.  Please prepare a monologue. Sides will be available if needed.

Any questions, please contact Brandon Griffin at bgriffin at stevens.edu.
----

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about anything, let us
know!

DeVon C. Lineman
M.S. Mathematics '14
Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President
The Gear and Triangle Society - President
Quackappella - Co-Founder
Student Government Association - Senior Senator

Phone:  (347) 677-3086