[SDS] 12 Angry Men Rights & King Lear at Rutgers Newark

Trevor Batchelder tbatchel at stevens.edu
Sat Jun 14 10:58:13 EDT 2014

Happy Saturday everyone!

*Show Rights/ProBoard Application Deadline*

First off, we received the rights for "12 Angry Men" yesterday! Woohoo!
Please get in those ProBoard applications soon, as they are due *Monday,
6/16 at 10:00 PM.*

Just a note of clarification with the show selection: We will ABSOLUTELY be
casting women in this show, as most of the roles are non-gender specific.
We've received a few questions on that, and I wanted to clear it up.

--

*King Lear Acting Opportunity*

Read through the following email from a friend of Bethany's about an
opportunity to do some Shakespeare this summer. This is open to any current
student or alum interested!

Hello,

I'm currently working on an independent study in directing, using King Lear
for my material. The twist to this production is that, rather than aiming
for a traditional 3 - 5 night performance, I want to film it as a web
series.

I need 6 to 8 actors, preferably student actors, with experience in
performing Shakespeare. Rehearsals will begin two weeks from now, and will
take place two - three times a week. Filming will take place two weeks
after a scene has been provided to the actors.

I also need a couple of students familiar with camera work and editing,
preferably ones that can supply their own equipment. Any familiarity with

Our rehearsals are held in Bradley Hall room 311, on the Rutgers Newark
Campus.

If interested, please contact me at:
      j.magali.p at gmail.com
with the subject line : KING LEAR ACTOR.

Thanks -
Jessica Perez
5512215778

--

That's all folks! I hope that you are enjoying your summer! Send in those
ProBoard Apps!

Best,

*Trevor Batchelder*
3/5 Chemical Engineering Cooperative Education Student
Engineering Intern at Radiant Energy Systems May 2014 - August 2014
Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2017
Stevens Dramatic Society Vice President Fall 2013, Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
Brother ΑΦΩ ΘΑ Chapter
Orientation Leader 2013 - 2014
Stevens Student Ambassador
*http://www.strikingly.com/trevor-batchelder