[SDS] Meet and Greet, One Acts, Arcadia, Rocky Horror, and MORE

Ian Diguilio idiguili at stevens.edu
Sun Aug 30 23:13:41 EDT 2015

Hello, everyone!

The semester is officially upon us, and there is A LOT happening!  I know this email is long, and I have tried to bullet point the important takeaways!

First off, we will be having a Society Meet and Greet this Wednesday, 9/2, to get to know the new faces in the Stevens community.
Meet and Greet, Wed 9/2 @ 2pm in Babbio 104
Also occurring on September 2nd, Debaun Performing Arts Center will be having auditions for its annual One Acts Festival!  The following information is from David Zimmerman and Carl Russell.

AUDITIONS for Stevens One Act Festival 2015

Would you like to audition for this year’s Stevens One Act Festival?

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 from 8-10pm

DeBaun Auditorium, Edwin A. Stevens Hall

No experience necessary! No appointment necessary!

Prepare to read sides from the one acts. Sides will be assigned at auditions.

This year's festival is entitled "Defying Expectations" and will include the following plays:

'Jimmy the Antichrist' by Keith J. Powell, and directed by Frank Riccobono
'If Men Played Cards as Women Do' by George S. Kaufman, and directed by Chris Diggins

Once the plays are cast, rehearsals will be scheduled with respect given to the actors' class commitments. Performances are on September 18th & 19th at 8 PM at the DeBaun Auditorium.

Any questions, email Carl Russell at crussell at stevens.edu

Looking forward, the club fair is next Wednesday 9/9 on Palmer Lawn!  Please sign-up or show up for a little while to meet new people and help recruit!
Club Fair Wed September 9th on Palmer Lawn
Link to table sit: http://tinyurl.com/odoyhgz
If that's not enough for you, our FIRST GBM will also be held on Wednesday, 9/9.  We will be going over our goals for the semester, as well as introducing our professionals and talking about our Fall show, Arcadia!  A reminder will be sent out again on Tuesday, 9/8!
FIRST GBM Wed September 9th @ 9pm in Babbio 319
Speaking of Arcadia, we are proud to introduce our professionals, Director Raymond Zilberberg and Stage Manager Amy Fisk!  We are excited to get to work with them, and they are very excited to meet all of you!  At this time we would also like to announce our Production Manager, Stevens' own, Carl Russell.  More information about how to get involved with the Production design team will be sent out later!  If you haven't already, please fill out the Arcadia tech interest list!
Director Raymond Zilberberg: www.raymondzilberberg.com
Stage Manager Amy Fisk:
Production Manager Carl Russell
Link to tech interest list: http://goo.gl/forms/8yts9UrJFo
Also fast approaching are Arcadia auditions!  Auditions for Arcadia will be held on September 10th and 11th at 7pm in Debaun Auditiorium.  The following are directions for those who wish to audition from our Director Raymond:
Please prepare (memorize) a one minute monologue. The monologue can be classic or contemporary, be comedic or tragic, but most importantly please make sure the language is of a literary quality. The characters in Arcadia are well bred and well educated and the monologue you choose should reflect a character that can live in the world of Arcadia. The following is a list of suggested playwrights to choose from for audition pieces:

Tony Kushner, Henrick Ibsen, Edward Albee, John Patrick Shanley, Tracy Letts, Margaret Edson, Michael Frayne, Christopher Hampton, Peter Shaffer, Anton Chekhov or anything by Tom Stoppard other than Arcadia and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

ARCADIA AUDITIONS: Sept 10th and 11th @ 7pm in Debaun Auditorium

Link for appointment: http://doodle.com/my9kfq7zq44txiyz

Since Ray has provided a long and specific list of playwrights to choose from for audition material, we are working with Debaun to make audition material readily available for you!  Within the next few days, I will send out another email letting you all know where you can find monologues to go through, so no one has to go crazy trying to find something!  For those wishing to walk in, sides will also be available for cold reading.
COMING SOON: Audition Material Library!
The Fall semester also means that Rocky Horror is fast approaching!  This year's producer of the beloved Shadow Cast event is Kevin Alvarez.  The following are details and dates for those interested in this year's Rocky Horror!
Interest meeting: Thursday, 9/10 9pm in Peirce 116
Auditions: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 9/14, 9/15, 9/16 9PM in Babbio 319
Lastly, our SDS E-Board meetings will be held every week on Monday at 7pm!  Feel free to drop on by and share any concerns or ideas that you may have!
SDS EBoard meetings every Mon @ 7pm in Jacobus Large Conference Room

All of this information will be posted on the Facebook Page as well!  If you do not follow the SDS Facebook page, you should!  Follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/sds1910?fref=ts

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to reach out to me, or email the SDS alias (sds at stevens.edu).

Regards,

Ian DiGuilio
Chemical Engineering '18
Stevens Scholar
Vice President, Stevens Dramatic Society, 2015-2016
Estimating Intern, Hunter Roberts Construction Group Spring-Summer 2015
Brother, Alpha Phi Omega, Theta Alpha