[SDS] GBM Minutes, Acting Opportunities

Trevor Batchelder tbatchel at stevens.edu
Sat Feb 28 16:25:55 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

Please see attached the powerpoint from this Wednesday's meeting.

There are a couple acting opportunities that we were contacted about that
are also included below.

*Epic Rap Battles* (Josh Negron)

My name is Joshua Joel Negron and I am the social chair for Lambda Upsilon
Lambda.

This semester we would like to put together an event that is very similar
to the Epic Rap Battles that are put on YouTube. We would like the
performers to write their own lyrics with any instrumental they'd like and
either have an actual "rap battle" with another performer or do a solo
performance.

Also, if your organization would like to do a performance all together,
that would also be possible.

The reason I am sending this email is because I feel your organization is
filled with people who have great amounts of talent in many things that
they do. Because of this, I would like to see if it is possible to pass
this message to your organizations and also have them fill out the survey
below, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you and I hope to potentially work with you and your organization!

Joshua Joel Negron

Survey Link:
*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zBPi_xFGgGIolvYkiXsonjX2YVKFJ1KQXYox5ukJcuI/viewform?usp=send_form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zBPi_xFGgGIolvYkiXsonjX2YVKFJ1KQXYox5ukJcuI/viewform?usp=send_form>*

*Almost, Maine at College of Saint Elizabeth*

Hello,

The College of Saint Elizabeth is producing the play *Almost, Maine* and we
are seeking actors from the surrounding colleges!  We are currently in
pre-production and would like to round out a cast ASAP, so it would be
greatly appreciated if you share the below information with any and all
students.

*Almost, Maine* by John Cariani

Performance Dates:
April 30th and May 1st at 8pm at College of Saint Elizabeth

Contact:
Professor Angelo De Fazio
adefazio at cse.edu

Character Breakdown:
*PROLOGUE / INTERLOGUE / EPILOGUE - Pete and Ginette, who have been dating
for a little while.  They are in their very early 20s, both a bit shy,
nerdy, introverted. They are not big talkers. *

*HER HEART - East, a repairman, and Glory, a hiker. Late 20s, early 30s.
East is a confident, wise, and even-keeled man.  Glory is slightly nervous,
and vulnerable, but very self-possessed.  They are both very honest and
straightforward.  They kiss four times in the scene.*

*SAD AND GLAD - Jimmy, a heating and cooling guy; Sandrine, his
ex-girlfriend; a salty Waitress.  All early 20s.  Jimmy has a bit of the
frat boy in him and in this scene he has already had a few beers. Sandrine
is much more "together" by comparison.  They broke up a while ago.  The
Waitress is very enthusiastic and busy. She may appear as if she's had too
much coffee.*

*THIS HURTS - Marvalyn, a woman who is very good at protecting herself, and
Steve, an open, kind fellow whose brother protects him.  Late 20s.  Both
are very kind, maybe a bit awkward and definitely vulnerable. They kiss one
time in this scene.*

*GETTING IT BACK - Gayle and Lendall, longtime girlfriend and boyfriend.
In this scene, Gayle needs to be really fed up with Lendall, and he is very
surprised by her outburst.  This is not typical of her.*

*THEY FELL - Randy and Chad, two "County boys."  Two normal, average,
all-American guys, early 20s.  They are best friends and have known each
other for years. During the course of the scene, they discover they are in
love with each other. *

*WHERE IT WENT - Phil, a working man, and his hardworking wife, Marci.  A
middle-aged couple who have been together for a long time.  They begin the
scene in denial and it deteriorates from there. This is the first time in a
long time that they've expressed their real feelings to each other.  *

*STORY OF HOPE - A Woman, Hope, who has traveled the world, and a Man,
Daniel, who has not.  They are an older couple, perhaps in their 30s, maybe
early 40s.  Hope is figuring out her life's path. Both will spend the scene
reflecting on past choices.   They are both very sensible and kind.*

*SEEING THE THING - Rhonda, a tough woman, and Dave, the not-so-tough man
who loves her.  Both in their 20s. Rhonda is very enthusiastic, opinionated
and a bit of a "bulldozer." She could also be played as super awkward.
Dave is cautious around her but also knows that if anyone can tell her the
truth, he can.  At the end of the scene, they anticipate, with
anticipation, sleeping together for the first time.  They kiss twice.
Overall, the scene is more comical and romantic than "sexual"*

Thank you!

Angelo De Fazio

That's all folks! Enjoy your weekend!

Best,

*Trevor Batchelder*
3/5 Chemical Engineering Cooperative Education Student
Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2017
Technologist Co-op at Infineum USA
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President: Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
ΑΦΩ ΘΑ Chapter - Brother, Membership Vice President: Spring 2015 - Fall 2015
Orientation Leader 2013 - 2014
Stevens Student Ambassador
*http://www.strikingly.com/trevor-batchelder
<http://www.strikingly.com/trevor-batchelder> *