[SDS] Welcome Back!

Natalie Barillaro nbarilla at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 21 09:44:11 EST 2016

Welcome to Spring 2016!

The Stevens Dramatic Society is ready and excited for another wonderful
semester here on campus. We do have several announcements:

Our first *General Body Meeting *will be held on Wednesday, January 27 in
E222. We will be discussing dates for the semester and doing some general
welcoming back. If you are involved with Midsummer and called that day, you
will receive credit for the meeting.

Next up, let's talk about our *Hired Professionals*! Our fearless leader
Ian has had a chance to meet with all of them, and he is certain that they
will make for an excellent process and (most importantly) a damn good show.
Longtime fans of the Stevens Dramatic Society will recognize a few names
from this list.

*Director Neal Kowalsky* - Neal is an SDC Associate Member. Based in New
York, Neal has worked across the country directing and assisting others in
in small communities to large regional theatres. He has been lucky to work
with award winning actors, designers, directors and theatres.  Neal strives
to create innovative and diversified work in theatre and film. Neal's goal
with his work is to provoke conversation and inquiry from the audience that
goes beyond the final curtain.

*Stage Manager Nick Probst* - Nick returns to the Dramatic Society to stage
manage his third show!  Originally from Kansas, he has worked as the
Technical Director of J City Theater in Jersey City. We are thrilled to
have him back with us!

*Musical Director Marcus Baker* - Marcus Baker needs no introduction. He is
returning for his SEVENTH show with the Stevens Dramatic Society, but he's
been all over New York and New Jersey, from NYU to Pleasantville to right
here in Hoboken. If you don't know him yet, make it a point to this
semester.

Just a friendly reminder that *auditions* are still scheduled for January
29 and January 30 in the Calder Room on the third floor of Howe. More
details about times (and when YOU can sign up!) are in this Doodle
<http://doodle.com/poll/gwunticzirv7d2kd>.

Now, check out this cool information from a source of Dave Zimmerman's:

> FORWARDING THIS CASTING CALL FOR COLLEGE AGE STUDENTS (AND THOSE WHO
> APPEAR COLLEGE AGE!) --  SUBMIT IMMEDIATELY (DETAILS BELOW) & FEEL FREE
> TO FOWARD TO OTHERS WHO ARE APPROPRIATE.
> -CHRISTINE
>

> *PROJECT DETAILS:*Title: Famous Consumer Goods Brand
> Type: Photo Shoot
> Compensation *if selected*: $500, less applicable taxes
> Shoot Date: 1 day, between 2/15 and 2/19.
> Shoot Location: Brooklyn, NY
> Usage: 3 years unlimited global use, excluding broadcast. Client retains
> the right to reuse image at the same rate for the same amount of time, at
> the expiration of term.
>
> *SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:*Email
> *CONSUMERPRODUCTS at impossiblecasting.com
> <CONSUMERPRODUCTS at impossiblecasting.com>*Include the following:
> 1 - 3 current photos of yourself
> Name:
> Contact Details:
> Height:
> Age:
> Your Ethnic background - *see list below:
> *Please note if you or if you have a parent of the specific decent.
> **can be more than one
> SINGAPORE/MALAYSIA
> CHINA
> SOUTH AFRICA
> GERMANY
> UK
> USA
> BRAZIL
> INDIA / PAKISTAN / BANGLADESH
> RUSSIA
> MEXICO
>
> Leah Mara
> Owner / Producer
>
> *Leah Mara Productions, LLC*e: leah at leahmara.com
> c: 917.553.6839
> f: 201.604.6677
> http://www.leahmara.com
> find us on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leah-Mara-Productions/269995486345079>

> *Art House Productions*
> *136 Magnolia Ave*
> *Jersey City, NJ  07306*t. (201) 915-9911
> w. www.arthouseproductions.org

Hope everyone's first week back is everything they dreamed it would be. As
always, feel free to drop any questions by sds at stevens.edu

Much love,
--
Natalie Barillaro
Stevens Institute of Technology Co-op '17