[SDS] FWD: Casting Call: Campus Tour Videos

Ayse Akin aakin at stevens.edu
Wed Apr 5 10:52:41 EDT 2017

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all excited for the show this weekend, but to help you get
over your woes after the show is over though, here's a really cool
opportunity from Dave!

*If you are interested, please email kellisma at stevens.edu
<kellisma at stevens.edu>!!*

Hi All,

> The Division of Communications and Marketing is looking for a number of
> students to cast in their campus tour video. Below is a casting call, and
> they are interested in casting a wide variety of students – some as tour
> guides, others as interviewees. The auditions are next week, but the actual
> shoot is not until the end of the month. Nothing has to be memorized, and
> the time commitment is rather small.
>
> I thought some of you might be interested, and feel free to pass it along
> to others who may be interested.
> Any questions, let me know.
>
> Thanks!
> -Dave
>
> ______________
> CASTING CALL: ONLINE CAMPUS TOUR VIDEOS
> What we are doing:
> The Division of Communications and Marketing (DCM) is looking for
> well-spoken, enthusiastic students to participate in making a virtual tour
> of campus that will attract and inform prospective students about the
> Stevens campus and lifestyle. Five students will be cast as tour guides in
> our videos, covering 15 different campus "tour stops" by reading scripted
> material. An additional 10-20 students will be asked to speak, unscripted,
> on camera on a variety of topics related to their experience at Stevens for
> added color commentary.
> What to expect:
> Each tour guide must commit at least 1 hour to the project, on a day
> between April 24-27 (tentatively). They will be given script ahead of
> time and asked to familiarize themselves with their lines. On the shoot
> day, the tour guides will meet the shoot crew at a specified location and
> read their lines from tele-prompters (no memorization required).
> Those asked to provide interviews on camera during the shoot dates (April
> 24-27) must commit at least 30 minutes to the project.
> Audition process:
> Interested students should sign up for a 30-minute call time between 5-7pm
>  on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (April 10-12) – see details
> below. Please show up a few minutes early, and allow for the possibility
> that we may be behind and you will have to stay longer than 30 minutes.
> Each student will be given a script to read. The casting directors will ask
> a few questions, take photos, and take video of your answers. Expect your
> audition to last approximately 10 minutes. <should they wear something
> specific…?>
> Sign up for an audition:
> Go to https://www.slotted.co/js59ksk5 and enter the requested
> information, including your requested timeslot.  A confirmation email will
> then be sent to the email address you enter. Please note that until you
> click the link in your confirmation email, your audition will not be
> confirmed.
> Questions? -- Email Kim Ellis-Maitland at kellisma at stevens.edu

Ayse Akin
Stevens Institute of Technology
Computer Science Co-op 2019
Stevens Dramatic Society, Vice President
Sigma Delta Tau - Delta Nu Chapter, Assistant New Member Educator
Stevens Women in Computer Science, Public Relations