[SDS] You Know Things Now

Julia Cahn jcahn at stevens.edu
Fri Jun 30 22:07:54 EDT 2017

Hello everyone!
Lots of exciting information packed into this email so stick around!

1. We have selected the fall play! Get ready for... *The Musical Comedy
Murders of 1940*
It's a hilariously fun show about a group of performers, writers, and
producers conducting a backers audition. Complete with accents, disguises,
and a serial killer, it's going to be a blast to both create and perform!
Here's the Wikipedia page for the show
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Musical_Comedy_Murders_of_1940>

If you'd like to be a part of the production board for this show, please
fill out one of the forms below:
SM/ASM/AD/PM
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFyZQ_YtGgqT9wWReMPyv0lPClvvvkjCahNV64bEDdM-KhNw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Production Board
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2oNByo24c4fFm-tM_zL4hwVTFx5ou8QKgPY1qr7rkChwqZg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
We strongly encourage all those with any level of interest to apply- you do
not need to have a designer role to be on the team!

2. We have also selected our 2nd annual summer show! This one is.... *The
Greek Mythology Olympiaganza*
*"*Two battling narrators attempt to cover the entirety of Greek mythology
using audience participation, cross-dressing, and general theatrical
insanity."
Read the rest of the description here
<https://www.playscripts.com/play/1738>

The summer show will be produced in a similar style as to last year's
production, though we do not have details finalized for rehearsals or
production, as they are largely based around your availability!

If you'd like to perform OR work behind the scenes, please fill out this
form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDdgilGFkFCElS4RtlyPu5WWREbFMOn2WSyFqPPcCSEWIywg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
!

We strongly encourage those of you who want to gain more experience and
learn about different production board positions (perhaps to take on a
larger role in future main stage productions) to apply!

3. Dance classes are officially here! They will be taking place on Tuesdays
at 8:00pm.
Here is the
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/1rzwTr9f1NHe34TJCeLY-vYl1OEx9n74YvnlgKzt9MdE/edit?usp=sharing>
schedule
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/1rzwTr9f1NHe34TJCeLY-vYl1OEx9n74YvnlgKzt9MdE/edit?usp=sharing>
 of classes and instructors- make sure to sign up under the classes you'll
be attending so we know who to expect! No special shoes (or skills!)
required. Feel free to invite your friends!
**Important: If you plan on attending dance classes, PLEASE join the
*summer *slack channel! Location is TBD so we will be updating that channel
on a weekly basis with the necessary information.

4. Upcoming Shows:

*Acting Workshop Performances- *Many of our society members have been
involved in an acting class taught by Bethany Reeves, and the performances
of their various scenes will be next weekend (July 7th &8th) at 8:00pm.
Admission is free- we'd love to see you there to support everyone!

*Proof- *Four SDS alumni have been rehearsing the incredible play *Proof* by
David Auburn. Performances will be July 14th and 15th at 8:00pm. Tickets
are $2 with your student ID, so we encourage you to attend that, as well!

Hope everyone's summer has been wonderful so far, and as always please
respond with any questions, comments, or concerns!

Missing you all,
Julia
[image: Inline image 1]
--
*Julia Cahn*

Stevens Institute of Technology
Engineering Management 2019
Retail Systems IT Co-Op | Movado Group, Inc.
Stevens Dramatic Society | Vice President
Theta Phi Alpha- Gamma Chi | Sister
(845) 642-4532