[SDS] Fall Show Announcement!

Kiera Dillon kdillon at stevens.edu
Sat Jul 28 21:30:13 EDT 2018

Hi SDS!

The eboard is very excited to announce that our play for the fall semester is going to be Rick Elice’s Peter and the Starcatcher!

We are equally excited to announce that Shawna Hawkins has agreed to join the team as our Stage Manager.

A little bit about the show:
Peter and the Starcatcher is a prequel to Peter Pan based on the children’s book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson and freely adapted for the stage by Rick Elice, with co-directors Alex Timbers and Roger Rees. For two-and-a-half hours, twelve actors make theatrical magic by playing dozens of characters: sailors, pirates, British naval officers, Mollusk natives, and orphans in addition to eighteen major roles. The original Broadway production was a deliberately low-budget spectacle: an extravaganza of staging that relied on suggestion and storytelling. Elice’s script, jam-packed with poetry, fart jokes, gentle lyricism, and numerous nods to pop culture, is a coming-of-age adventure story about how a nameless orphan -- inspired by a remarkable and ambitious girl -- became the strange and celebrated hero that is the Boy Who Would Not Grow Up. (stageagent.com <https://stageagent.com/shows/play/866/peter-and-the-starcatcher>)

As always, feel free to email me with any questions,
--
Kiera Dillon
Stevens Institute of Technology