[SDS] Second Annual Winter Cabaret: Heroes and Villains

Abigail Hulse ahulse at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 25 14:29:22 EST 2019

Hey everyone!

Here's everything you need to know about our second annual *Cabaret!*

*What is the SDS Cabaret?*
The Cabaret is an annual event that give people an opportunity to perform
outside of the musical. This year’s theme is *“Heroes and Villains.”*  This
is your chance to sing the anthem of your favorite musical theatre hero or
villain! Both solo numbers and group numbers are allowed (max 4 per song).

*When?*
SDS Winter Cabaret 2020: Heroes and Villains, will take place on *Sunday,
March 1 at 2pm*. There will be a *MANDATORY rehearsal* with our lovely
accompanist, Marcus Baker, on *Friday, February 28 between 7 and 11pm. *If
you are selected to perform, a Doodle will be sent out to select a
rehearsal time slot.

*How do I sign up?*
A signup form will be posted on the SDS Ducklink page
<https://ducklink.stevens.edu/organization/stevens-dramatic-society>
on *Wednesday,
December 4 at 3pm. *Signups will be limited to the first 12 acts, and it
will be first-come, first-served. Please feel free to sign up in groups to
get more people involved!

 We will be contacting the first 12 signups by Saturday, December 7 (this
is subject to change depending on the number of signups).

*What do I need to sign up?*
Come up with a list of *three songs* that you'd want to sing, with the
first song being your first choice, and the third song being your last
choice. Why? We want to have a nice variety of songs for the cabaret, and
we may ask you to switch if there are too many songs from the same show or
any overlapping choices. Priority of song choice will be given in order of
signups.

Additionally, *you MUST be available for both the rehearsal and the
performance.* If you are not available for both, do not sign up.

Lastly, if you are signing up as a duet, trio, or group of 4, have only one
person in the group fill out the form. (Be sure to pick the quickest typer
in the group!)

*Rules for picking songs:*

   1. The songs must be from *musical theater or musicals* (for example,
   anything from any broadway musical, or any Disney song would be a great
   choice).
   2. Songs must be *no longer than 5 minutes*.
   3. You must *prepare the song on your own*! *Provide your own sheet
   music *and be ready to sing it in rehearsal with Marcus on February 28.
   He will be there to play your music and give you some tips, but not to
   teach you the song.
   4. *Songs should be memorized* for the performance in order to make our
   show look well-polished and professional.

The eboard is very much looking forward to this event and we hope you are
too!

As a reminder, our next *GBM* will be held on *Wednesday, December 4 at 9pm
in EAS 222.* At this meeting, we will be *electing our new Junior Member at
Large! *

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach
out to SDS at stevens.edu.

With love,
Abby❤

Society Feedback Form
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSdOsvWBqznlydTDWfTUwQH38ZPqKmtavlY91m2rL3AXjxM1dQ%2Fviewform%3Fusp%3Dsf_link&data=02%7C01%7Cahulse%40stevens.edu%7Cde118d07171e42eec42c08d77155579d%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637102483683777904&sdata=1XzPXI%2BWaTCcUQCjBLuErPJbFa6P9qqqQbIqBqUWi1Y%3D&reserved=0>
Remove me from the SDS Mailing List
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLScalOAr1xyyO6Bm39knfPBTcQKylMnKjEPByoTyFUM4UDmO6w%2Fviewform%3Fusp%3Dsf_link&data=02%7C01%7Cahulse%40stevens.edu%7Cde118d07171e42eec42c08d77155579d%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637102483683777904&sdata=yYWnIuh5Jl9rARZ6EqPwV1Yub0Ob0U3EnRK9nYIEaIg%3D&reserved=0>

*Abigail Hulse*
Stevens Institute of Technology
Chemical Biology '20
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President
ΘΦA - Gamma Chi Chapter