[SDS] Virtual Open Mic Date & Time

Charles S Beall cbeall at stevens.edu
Wed Jul 22 11:02:48 EDT 2020

Hello everyone! I’m not sure if I’ve ever sent an email to this many people at once, so fingers crossed that I don’t make any mistakes!

I’m excited to announce the official date and time for Stevens Dramatic Society’s Virtual Open-Mic Night! To give a refresher of some earlier emails, the Executive Board of SDS came up with this event to showcase the performing arts of the Stevens community as we all continue to deal with the challenges of COVID. Our goal is to bring performances of all types--from singing to dancing to playing an instrument, and everything in between--to your homes while live performances and large gatherings remain unsafe. This event will also have a fundraising aspect, as we hope to raise money for the Broadway Advocacy Coalition, which aims to create more opportunities for Black and minority artists, and use those opportunities to promote social change. For more information on this organization, you can check out their website here<https://www.bwayadvocacycoalition.org/>.

We will be holding this virtual event on Saturday, August 1st at 7:30 pm Eastern Time. The video will be streamed live on the SDS youtube, found here<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQ2YY5vYdlPOFD7qxqnymQ?view_as=subscriber>. All this information can also be found on the poster attached in this email, made by our fantastic Publicity Manager Carissa Greene!

I will be emceeing the event, and we already have a great line-up of what are sure to be wonderful performances! If you are interested in performing, here is the form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJxi52_WMWHYM6B7cgR6dYjo-KrreMgxPOfAuusPU_RiuLzw/viewform?usp=sf_link> to sign up, although you can also email us with what you’d like to perform - either way’s fine!

We’ll also be reaching out to the performers soon about a time to rehearse before the big night. This rehearsal will likely be sometime in the week of July 27th, depending on everyone’s availability.

The Eboard and I are very much looking forward to hosting this event, and hope to “see” you all there! Until then, hope you're having a wonderful July, continuing through adversity to the stars. And lastly, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to email us at SDS at stevens.edu<mailto:SDS at stevens.edu>, or me at cbeall at stevens.edu<mailto:cbeall at stevens.edu>.

All the best,

-Charlie

Charles Beall
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.S. Physics '23
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President