[SDS] Society Updates (please read carefully)

Abigail Hulse ahulse at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:30:29 EDT 2020

Hey everyone,

First and foremost, I hope you all are healthy, and I hope that you are all
adjusting well to online school and are practicing social distancing.
Please read this email carefully, as there are a lot of updates with the
Dramatic Society.

*Cancellation of The Addams Family, God of Carnage, and Company Broadway
Trip*
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our mainstage show, *The Addams Family, *and
our second stage show, *God of Carnage, have been* *cancelled*. Our trip to
see *Company on Broadway* is also *cancelled. *To say that we're absolutely
heartbroken is an understatement, but health and safety must come first.
That being said, we couldn't be more proud of everything we were able to
accomplish in our time together this semester.

*The Addams Family Final Rehearsal Photos/Videos*
On Thursday, March 12th, we had our last *Addams Family *rehearsal. What
was supposed to be just another rehearsal became an incredibly special
performance for everyone involved.

   - Check out *this folder
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n9QSVC9ohfFbO9aO6K7bmCPFB0qPK4GZ?usp=sharing>*
for
   *photo highlights* from the last run-through. Unfortunately, we can't
   access the camera to get the high-quality video recording from the
   run-through, but we included a folder to compile *videos from
   throughout the rehearsal process*. If any of you have any videos you'd
   like to add to the folder, feel free!
   - If you want to see the **complete* set of photos from our last
   run-through*, check out *this folder*
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1jTyaR5_5m0IorUUKgG_OzuAhKoz0PGzr>
(it's
   a huge file, so it may take a long time to load, but it has some real gems
   in it).
   - Our director, Daniella, also shared with us all her videos and
   pictures from the last run-through. You can check out *Daniella's videos
   and pictures **here.*
   <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AWhUgvs8Iehmazb1QbpvU5aL5WUKKntZ>

*GBMs for the Remainder of the Semester*
All of our remaining GBMs for this semester will take place at the *same
dates/times* as planned. *All GBMs will be held over Zoom*. I will send out
reminder emails for each of these meetings as well. As a reminder, here is
our GBM Schedule:

   - *Wednesday, April 8th at 9pm: Postmortem/Eboard nominations*
      - The plan is to wrap up our final thoughts regarding *The Addams
      Family*, and to open up the floor for questions regarding Eboard
      elections.
      - Click here to join the Postmortem Zoom meeting.
      <https://stevens.zoom.us/j/508732500>
   - *Wednesday, April 22nd at 9pm: Eboard Elections*
      - We will be holding speeches/Q and A over Zoom, and we will be
      voting through DuckLink.
      - Click here to join the Elections Zoom meeting.
      <https://stevens.zoom.us/j/367551791>
      - The Ducklink form will be sent out at a later date.
   - *Wednesday, April 29th at 9pm: Society Day*
      - At this meeting, we will discuss what we're looking for in the Fall
      Play, as well as the Summer Show.
      - Click here to join the Society Day Zoom meeting.
      <https://stevens.zoom.us/j/883756763>

*Addams Show Shirts*
Just after everyone went home, the *Addams Family* show shirts were
delivered. Unfortunately, it's not really possible to give them out to
everyone since we're all in different places. So, if you ordered a shirt,
we'll give them out as soon as we can all see each other again (whenever
that is).

*Graduation Cords for Seniors*
If you're walking in Commencement this year and would like an SDS
graduation cord, please fill out *this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9GfMHbo_KaiXeLrn90o9O-ogLiydkjVPmBZoSXJNUTLbfig/viewform>.*
I don't know exactly how I'll get them to you, but we'll figure something
out. Worst case, I can give them out at Commencement.

*Eboard Meetings*
We will be holding our Eboard meetings weekly on Wednesdays at 3pm over
Zoom. Eboard meetings are open, so if you would ever like to attend, let us
know.
And, as always, if you ever have any questions about anything, feel free to
reach out to us at sds at stevens.edu.

I miss you all dearly, and I'm looking forward to when we can all be in
person again.

With love,
Abby ❤
[image: giphy.gif]
*Abigail Hulse*
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.S. Chemical Biology '20
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President
ΘΦA - Gamma Chi Chapter