[SDS] She Loves Me Auditions Updates

Charles Beall cbeall at stevens.edu
Wed Jan 19 13:43:30 EST 2022

Hello all, hope you had a fun and restful break!

Based on the changes to the start of the semester due to COVID, Eboard and I wanted to give you some updates on auditions for our Spring musical She Loves Me. These plans are still subject to change, but as of now, here is what we are hoping for upon return to campus:

  *   We hope to hold auditions and callbacks in-person from Monday, January 31st to Thursday, February 3rd. Auditions would be Monday and Tuesday 7-11pm with callbacks Wednesday or Thursday (likely starting at 8 or 9pm based on conflicts) -- if called back, you will only need to attend one of the callbacks and won't have to come both nights.
  *   For the audition, you will have a choice to prepare a 16- to 32-bar cut of a song (preferably in the style of the show) or a monologue. If you choose to do a monologue, there will be a selection of sides from the show to choose, or you can prepare your own. The audition will also involve a little bit of vocal warm-up (e.g., singing scales) even if you perform a monologue instead of a song. For more info, you can look at the audition folder<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15FNh7RmWfv0alyCt-X1p_mWAtzaBcyCl?usp=sharing>, which will be updated soon with monologue sides.
  *   In the audition folder is also a doodle to sign up for an audition slot (walk-ins are also welcome). NOTE that actors in the Shakespeare project are only available Monday night, so be mindful of that when choosing an audition time.
  *   Room bookings will not be confirmed for a little while longer, so we are still unsure exactly where auditions will take place (and again, they could potentially be virtual if the COVID situation worsens). We will keep you updated as the audition space is finalized.

If you have any questions or concerns about the above information, please don't hesitate to reach out at SDS at stevens.edu<mailto:sds at stevens.edu>. Even with the uncertainty ahead, Eboard and I are looking forward to auditions and the upcoming musical!

All the best,
-Charlie

Charles Beall

Stevens Institute of Technology

B.S. Physics & Mathematics '23

Stevens Dramatic Society | President

Student Government Association | Vice President of Finance