[SDS] Spring 2023 Musical Announcement and Info

Gabriella Poska gposka at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:58:22 EST 2022

Hi All,

The Executive Board is excited to announce that the Spring 2023 musical will be:

The Prom (by Chad Beguelin and Bob Martin, Music by Matthew Sklar)

Information about auditions, performances, proboard, and pit are below.

Performances

  1.  Thursday, March 30th at 9pm

  2.  Friday, March 31st at 8pm

  3.  Saturday, April 1st at 2pm

  4.  Saturday, April 1st at 8pm

Auditions (in DeBaun Auditorium) - times are subject to change based on professional’s availability

  1.  Friday, December 16th 2-7pm (sign up for one time slot on either Friday or Saturday)

  2.  Saturday, December 17th 12-5pm (sign up for one slot on either Friday or Saturday)

  3.  Sunday, December 18th (time TBD by availability) - dance callbacks

  4.  Monday, December 19th (time TBD by availability) - final callbacks

For more information on the details of auditions, please see THIS <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14Y5q9_e3QTWmekw1dpe9m3SFdLRO98sq?usp=share_link> folder. Everyone who plans on auditioning should read the FAQs <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjmmSEdEDTy88YX1-K5Bhfkqrkh9ct5wAUccNeRL_g0/edit?usp=sharing> document in full before proceeding. Please note that audition sides will be added to the folder the week before auditions and another email will go out during that time to notify everyone. We do understand that it is finals week and we will be as flexible as possible with conflicts and scheduling. If you have a conflict, please email Gab Poska with the subject “The Prom - Auditions Conflict” as soon as you know of the conflict. Details about accommodations will go out the week of December 5th as a response.

It is also important to note that this semester, due to the timelines of both productions, it will be extremely difficult for individuals to participate in both Romeo and Juliet and The Prom while also maintaining their grades and being a full contributor to either production as a whole. It is very unlikely that any individual would be able to be a lead in both productions, but as a student organization that is all encompassing, SDS will work with anyone who wants to participate to find a spot where they fit best within our production in some capacity. We are also taking into consideration that no two schedules are the same and that some students may have much lighter class schedules than others, which may allow for some more flexibility within their roles. Having said that, though, actors who participate in both Shakespeare and The Prom will have conflicts for a minimum of half of The Prom rehearsals each week between January 16th and February 10th and will not be present at The Prom rehearsals between February 11th and February 18th Each of these productions are a large time commitment and we want both productions to succeed in their greatest capacity, so please take into consideration your own wellbeing as well as the quality you would be able to contribute to each performance when deciding your audition plans.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Producer, Gab Poska, at gposka at stevens.edu<mailto:gposka at stevens.edu>.

Proboard/ASM/AD/PM Applications

The Prom PM/ASM/AD Application<https://forms.gle/syfFZahmLJtcn9Va9>

The Prom Proboard Application<https://forms.gle/ChKQcTwnH8ZkM6899>

These applications will close on Tuesday, November 29th at 11:59pm, no exceptions.

Orchestra Application

The Prom Orchestra Application<https://forms.gle/21cRyHg4gzGaTViHA>

We look forward to putting on a wonderful production with you all!

-SDS Executive Board

Gabriella Poska

Stevens Institute of Technology

B.E. Biomedical Engineering 2023

Student Government Association, President

Stevens Dramatic Society, President

(347) 620 – 8471

Schedule a meeting with me on Calendly<https://calendly.com/gposka>.