[SDS] GBM 3- Post Mortem and Spring Musical Information

Hannah Preszler hpreszle at stevens.edu
Thu Nov 9 00:39:40 EST 2023

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I wanted to say how proud I am of our production of Radium Girls. Everyone who participated did such a wonderful job and should be so so proud of how everything turned out! Now that that is out of the way, I wanted to forward some information that we discussed today at our third GBM.
Also, a huge thank you to everyone who came to the GBM tonight, it was great to get to interact with everyone!

Some housekeeping information has been included in the slides at the end of this email, including our Broadway Show Trip being chosen as Shucked on November 19th at 3 p.m. A link will be sent out soon to secure a ticket so keep an eye out for that! Our Bowling and Showtunes is on December 2nd at 7 p.m. in the bowling alley in Howe, and a link to add music for us to listen to is within the slides!

Spring Musical:

We have decided on a spring musical, it is The Addams Family!
More information on the cast breakdown and the musical itself is in the slides.

That means that some of the roles that change per production are now available! Assistant Director (AD), Assistant Stage Manager (ASM), Production Manager (PM), Assistant Production Manager (APM), Production Board (Such as hair and makeup, costumes, lighting, and more), and Orchestra/ Pit Applications are now open!

Below are links to apply within these areas, so please please fill these out if you are interested in any of these roles for the upcoming musical!

AD/ASM/PM/APM Application:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePIf457a29eXA3vpWCVKCQAt912gDCq_7QNSK0fm4EYPw1mA/viewform
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GuAmZj-HanO2M666YlzJY4t-yECI0G9iB1_EJNKL0tiZTPdhYPAnC3oyMiOzZpagBbEhJVltzjA=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePIf457a29eXA3vpWCVKCQAt912gDCq_7QNSK0fm4EYPw1mA/viewform>
The Addams Family AD/ASM/PM/APM Application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePIf457a29eXA3vpWCVKCQAt912gDCq_7QNSK0fm4EYPw1mA/viewform>
Please use this form to apply for the position(s) of Assistant Director, Assistant Stage Manager, Production Manager, and/or Assistant Production Manager for the Spring 2024 Musical: The Addams Family. If you have any questions about the Production Board and the responsibilities pertaining to a position, please email the SDS Executive Board at sds at stevens.edu.
docs.google.com
Production Board Application:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScT5xYCDMVAZYdt54yOpzhFuaR6kskLFGmH2ugQAxOI6ujcCg/viewform
[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/I5SOu843J5JNvz0PBnQTOwB0SKnjymIuPA3EBghHq9_bexGPYryWOSQjoHFzIzAuavwXfFHfHxc=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScT5xYCDMVAZYdt54yOpzhFuaR6kskLFGmH2ugQAxOI6ujcCg/viewform>
The Addams Family Production Board Application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScT5xYCDMVAZYdt54yOpzhFuaR6kskLFGmH2ugQAxOI6ujcCg/viewform>
Please use this form to apply for any/several of the Production Board positions in the Spring 2024 Musical: The Addams Family. If you have any questions about the Production Board and the responsibilities pertaining to a position, please email the SDS E-Board at sds at stevens.edu.
docs.google.com
Pit/ Orchestra Application:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpB6dhOclLtYUwCi9MYaVBr1EE8zULWzay4XR-WzElmc0iTg/viewform
[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/rTGb0baKOkT3DtUMz3EHK5tm7BugjD_ExvawR3rucMF4ang2lRJkZHb0jtAVotFbDr9IsW_s8a0=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpB6dhOclLtYUwCi9MYaVBr1EE8zULWzay4XR-WzElmc0iTg/viewform>
The Addams Family Orchestra Application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpB6dhOclLtYUwCi9MYaVBr1EE8zULWzay4XR-WzElmc0iTg/viewform>
Our Spring 2024 Musical is The Addams Family! If you'd play an instrument (or multiple instruments!) and you'd like to play in the orchestra for the performances, sign up here. You can find more information about the orchestra and requirements here: https://www.theatricalrights.com/show/addams-family-musical/ Please fill out this conflict sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ADOTeuY757hsT5DwsGO9hU1D0DJZejAkHnqMYTYPfLQ/edit?usp=sharing If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email sds at stevens.edu.
docs.google.com
Cast Auditions:
Roles will include vocal, acting, and dancing auditions for this production. Auditions and callbacks will occur at the beginning of next semester; keep an eye out for dates to come soon!

GBM Nominations:

Elected positions for Junior Member at Large (JMAL), Vice President (VP), Producer, and Show Publicity now have open nominations! Nominations for these roles will close on Wednesday, December 6th, before our next GBM where elections will be held (you are allowed to nominate yourself within this time, you just have to be an SDS member to run). If you accepted a nomination for a role during today's meeting, you are expected to give a speech during the next GBM on why the society should vote you into the role.

The expected length of each speech should be as follows:
VP, Show Publicity, Producer: 3 minutes
JMAL: 1 minute

If you accepted multiple positions, you are expected to give a speech for each role. If you do not remember which roles you accepted nominations for, please reach out to the Eboard and we will check for you! You are allowed to drop nominations until December 6th, in case you are no longer interested. Please take the time to contact someone who has previously been in the role with any questions you may have before the 6th. Their names have been listed on the slides for convenience.

Here are the aforementioned slides from today:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UBtJhAARsq38hAVkP0VC-B87vKkEDUhMWnBNrXHA0ic/edit?usp=sharing
[https://lh7-us.googleusercontent.com/docs/AHkbwyJjf_563INBkUnT5ZNOqX1jeunaS_bYR84U5CkrEkf6Qpsu4rHnm99neiDyAe2Tt1TH8E2MdUaB_3PTrJ6nk97E8Aa-cVCj9WqdWRVIS1IHnQg=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UBtJhAARsq38hAVkP0VC-B87vKkEDUhMWnBNrXHA0ic/edit?usp=sharing>
GBM 3/Postmortem Fall 2023<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UBtJhAARsq38hAVkP0VC-B87vKkEDUhMWnBNrXHA0ic/edit?usp=sharing>
GBM 3: Radium Girls Postmortem/ Nominations November 8, 2023
docs.google.com

As always, we welcome any questions or concerns you may have at sds at stevens.edu or you can email me at hpreszle at stevens.edu.

Best,

Hannah Preszler
Stevens Institute of Technology
Accounting and Analytics '25
Business Manager/ Treasurer of SDS | Student Tutor at AHSA