[SGA Announcement] Unified Elections

Abel Alvarez aalvarez at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 3 11:43:24 EST 2008

I'm sorry if you've already received this message.

To All RSOs:

In compliance with the new SGA Bylaws, the Unified Elections period will
take place from March 24-31.

RSOs that do not have a specified election time defined in their
Constitution are required to act in accordance with the following Unified
Election schedule:

-Unified Nomination Period: March 5 - 12
-Lists of Nominees Due to the SGA Secretary (Chris La Pilusa,
clapilus at stevens.edu) by March 12, 6PM
-Unified Election Period: March 24 - 31
-Lists of Newly Elected E-Boards due to SGA subcommittees by April 7, 11PM

When nominations are given to the Secretary they are sent to the Office of
Student Life to make sure that the nominees fulfill the requirements of RSO
Leadership.  The requirements can be found at
http://www.stevens.edu/student_life/life/Good%20academic%20standing.pdf

If your RSO has provisions in your Constitution that place your election
period at a different time, the Unified Elections procedure still needs to
be followed.  If you are one of the RSOs that will not be following the
Unified Elections schedule, please send an e-mail to me at
aalvarez at stevens.edu.  Please include the dates of your expected nomination
and election periods.

RSOs can open nominations prior to March 5, but the list of nominees must be
sent to the SGA Secretary by March 12 at 6PM.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
aalvarez at stevens.edu.

Thank You,
Abel Alvarez
CCSI, Student Government Association