[SGDC] Teaching Assistant Opportunity For The Summer

Logan Tenner ltenner at stevens.edu
Fri Jun 2 16:38:35 EDT 2023

Hello all, I hope you are enjoying your summer, there is a wonderful teaching assistant opportunity over the summer. There are two positions open. Below is a description of what is expected of applicants:

"This is an in-person paid Teaching Assistant role with the office of Summer Programs at Stevens. We'll be in a classroom on campus with 25 high school students for two weeks teaching them the fundamentals of game design in Unity including: creating board games, recreating pong, programming essentials, pixel art basics, game concept pitching, project planning, and iterative development. During the morning and afternoon sessions, you'll be helping students with bugs during my lectures. During the evening session, you and the other TA will supervise overflow work from earlier in the day according to my written instructions. Week 1 is all lectures and fundamentals; Week 2 is a group project where they split up into teams and have one week to make a game based on a secret theme. (Last year it was "cafe") Anyone with experience in Unity can handle this role: if you've used Aseprite before it's a bonus, but not a dealbreaker. Stevens will pay you $25 per hour for more than 45 hours of work between July 17th and July 28th. The class is 10 days long and you aren't required to be here on weekends. July 28th is a half day because that's our arcade showcase and their parents pick them up after the closing lecture."

If you are interested in the position or have any questions, please email Frank DiCola (Fdicola at stevens.edu)
Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Logan Tenner - SGDC Secretary