[srcit_announce] (srcit_staff) XRaidContoller Replacement Announcement

SRCIT Staff srcit at stevens.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:32:33 EDT 2011

All SRCIT Users,

The SRCIT System will experience a temporary reduction in service level on
Tuesday, October 4th at 11:30PM until approxmiately 2AM Wednesday, October 5th.

Users will experience temporary delays in accessing SRCIT data, however the
delay time should be restricted to the order of a few extra milliseconds.

This interruption was scheduled to
    * Replace a failed hardware component of the SRCIT infrastructure.

****
As with any time we perform hardware maintenance on core parts of our
infrastructure, there is always a possibility that services may become
unavailable due to unforseen and impossible to predcit extenuating
circumstances. While all the research we have done seems to suggest that there
should be no noticable change in quality of service, unexpected and
unforseeable things happen and in our world they happen so often that we can
never expect things to go as smoothly as they should or have in tests.

Thus, please be warned that the system may experience an interruption in
service during these hours and please quit all processes you may have running
and log off of all systems in the SRCIT infrastructure before 23:00 / 11PM on
Tuesday Night.
****

----
If there are any questions regarding this downtime, please email the
SRCIT team here: srcit at stevens.edu

Your ticket will be forwarded to the appropriate technical team.

Thank you for your cooperation,

     -SRCIT Staff