[SWE] ITT Presentation/Dinner

Samantha Strimpler sstrimpl at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 13 17:36:27 EST 2007

Hey Ladies,

            I'm not sure if you are aware or not but this Thursday, November
15th, we have representatives from ITT Electronic Systems coming in for an
event.  ITT will be buying catered dinner for our organization and all
attendees.  The event includes an information session about ITT, a Making
Business Contacts Workshop, and meeting with ITT engineers.  This is a big
event for us - it's the first time we have managed to pull something like
this off.  It would be nice if we could get as many members out to support
the event as possible and it looks like it will be a fun time.  The event is
at 6pm Thursday in Hayden Lounge and will run until about 9pm.  We will be
setting up from 5pm-6pm and could use any help you are willing to give.  I
realize that this event will run during a few classes - especially night
classes.  Please try to make it for as much as you can.  If you can't make
it till later we would still love to have you come out and enjoy everything
ITT has to offer - including a free meal of good food.  Also its not a big
deal if you can't stay for the entire thing.

            A few things about the event to note. 1.  We are having a
company come in to do this.  We want to look professional.  If you plan on
attending, dress is business casual - not a strict business casual.  Nice
jeans and a nice shirt, khakis and a polo, etc.  2.  As a professional
organization we want to give off a professional air.  This is a fun event
and you should go and enjoy yourself - however, keep in mind that you may be
one day trying to get a job from these people or may need them as contacts.

            Please come and have fun this Thursday in Hayden Lounge.  This
event is open to all organizations so bring a friend.  Free good food and a
good time.

Hope to see you all there

Thanks

Sam Strimpler