[SWE] Engineering Graduate Symposium - University of Michigan

Anirudh Hegde anihegde at umich.edu
Mon Sep 14 16:01:53 EDT 2009

Dear Chapter President/Officer,

I am writing to invite you to consider the exciting possibility of
continuing your education through graduate study at the University of
Michigan, College of Engineering.  The University of Michigan offers a
unique combination of breadth and depth of study.  Our premier
laboratories facilitate the development of cutting-edge technology,
and we continue to expand even in the face of national recession.
Public-private partnerships, entrepreneurial initiatives and
interdisciplinary programs ensure that you will find the collegial
support you need in your area of study.  The College has also
committed to full financial support of its incoming Ph.D. students,
through a combination of funding and work-study sources.

The Engineering Graduate Symposium may offer you an opportunity to
experience the campus firsthand.  On the weekend of November 12-14,
the Symposium will gather a select group of prospective students to
meet faculty members, tour laboratory facilities and interact
informally with current University of Michigan graduate students.  A
number of travel grants will be awarded for visitors such as yourself
to attend the Symposium.  These competitive grants cover airfare,
hotel accommodations, meals and other social activities while you are
here on campus.

As a student society leader, you believe in the spirit of excellence:
therefore, the University of Michigan might be a good fit for you.  I
invite you to visit our Symposium website,
www.engin.umich.edu/gradsymposium, to learn more and apply for a
travel grant by October 2, 2009.  While you are there, you can follow
the menu links to learn about all aspects of our graduate program.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information.  Please
share the contents of this letter?including the travel grant
opportunity?with the rest of your chapter members and with other
interested peers.  I hope to meet you some day in Ann Arbor.

Sincerely,

Mike Nazareth
Associate Director for Graduate Education
College of Engineering, University of Michigan
1240A LEC, 1221 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2102
ph:  (734) 647-7077, fax:  (734) 647-7908
mikenaz at umich.edu